Ice Hot

Chapter 9

It really wasn’t long to get to the train station. And there was where my first bit of real magic came in.

We walked up to the middle of platforms nine and ten. Right up to the brick divider.

"So, what do we do now?" I asked them.

"Watch," Ron said. He started to walk forward. He gained speed and was running for the wall. Before I could stop him, he melted through the wall.

"Whoa! How did he do that?" I answered myself. "Magic."

"Do you want to go next?" Harry asked.

"No way. You go," I insisted. I didn't want to do that.

"Okay, then." He started to run for the wall and went through it, just like Ron did. This scared me.
"Your turn," Hermione said.
"Can we go together?" I asked her. I didn't want to go alone.
"It's not wide enough," she said. "Go on. Ron and Harry are waiting. Okay, then. Here we go. I walked up to it and started to get faster. I knew I would slam into the wall. I closed my eyes and felt something pass my face. I didn't open my eyes until I heard people yelling much louder than before. When my eyes did open, I was lost in another building. It was much bigger and much more crowded. I was lost in this marvelous happening. What just happened changed my view on life.
Harry found me in wonder.
"Carol, come on. We can't miss the train," he said. He grabbed my arm and pulled me toward the giant steam train. I never saw one before. We got on the train easily. Everyone moved out of the way for us. I didn't know why. The train was big and nice. It had sections with a sliding door for privacy. It was very cool.
We walked for a little, looking for Ron and Hermione when I realized something.
"Harry, you're still holding my arm," I said. I didn't want to embarrass him, but his touch made me feel weird. I didn't know if it was good or bad. Just weird.
"Oh, sorry," he said. He looked a little embarrassed. We walked down the aisle of the train until we saw them in a booth on the right.
"There you are," I said. "Sorry we got separated. I was just enchanted by the fact that I walked through a brick wall into another room. You know. Just the normal stuff." I sat down next to Hermione and Harry sat next to Ron. We made it on the train just in time. It started to move. I was hoping that this was the last vehicle I had to sit on. It was making me uncomfortable.
We talked about random things for about a half hour before I met a new 'friend'. He had blond hair and brown eyes. I knew too many people with blond hair.
"Well, how was your trip here then, Potter?" he said.
"Fine then, Malfoy," Harry said. A blind man could tell that they hated each other. He looked over at me.

"Oh, you made a new friend then? How do you do? I'm Draco Malfoy," he said. Oh great. Another suck up. Like Ron wasn't enough. But I acted polite.
"I'm Carol Cullen," I said. His scent was very attractive, even though I didn't like blond hair boys. Well, besides Carlisle. I didn't want to shake his hand. He gave me a bad vibe. And I was a little scared to look into his eyes.
"Well Potter, looks like you got your self a very nice friend," He said. He was jealous. I could tell. "Where did you meet her?"
"At the airport," Harry said.

"Why were you at an airport?"
"Because I'm from America," I said, being quite proud of it.
"Oh really," he said. I was 100% sure he was going to complement me on that. "That's very cool." Wow, real nice. I heard this a thousand times, and it always gets old.
"It was nice to meet you, but I'm very tired. I'd just like to sleep," I lied. I just wanted him away from me.
"Oh, okay then. I'll see you at school," he said. I closed my eyes and leaned against the window. I heard him walk away and I opened my eyes again.

"I thought you said you were tired," Hermione said.

"Yeah, I lied. I just wanted him away from me," I said.
"She hates Malfoy just as much as we do. She's in," Ron said.
"Yeah. He was so one of those boys. You know the one that try to get on your good side. I hate them," I said. Ron was the exception. He was cool.

The train ride after that was fun. We just talked about stuff. How my life was, how theirs was, what the school was like here and at home. The talking took us to night around 9. I looked out the window and saw a giant castle. It was so beautiful.
"Is that Hogwarts?" I asked.

"Yup. Cool, right?" Harry said.

"Yeah," I murmured.

We got out of the train and onto boats because the school was in the middle of the lake. It was amazing. One thought was in my head as I floated to the school and it was good. This is my new home.
♠ ♠ ♠
OKAY!!!! First things first, reason for two updates in 2 days: My loyal reader and commenter, Emilise284. Super appreciate it!!! I thought this was a lost cause story. Thanks so much. And If I'm only writing this story for you and that's all, I'm so fine with that.
However, I will be stopping the updating every day and go to one or twice a week because I have about half or so of the story pre-written of draft. When that ends, I literally lost the story over time. I have no idea whatsoever about what's supposed to happen. So until I can recapture it, and I WILL, I'll post the chapters as little as possible (which sux casue for a while they're really short)
So thanks for the love Emilise284 and I'll see you at the end of the week for another chapter!!! :D