The Truth About Forever

Image

Carson Smith was devastated when she lost her boyfriend in his fight against leukemia. Unable to cope, sixteen year old Carson stops volunteering at the oncology research lab and moves to a town where nobody knows her. Completely shunned at her new school, Carson is alone and depressed. But then River shows up, and changes everything Carson thought she knew about now and forever. But will River being there make Carson better or will it make her feel completely lost all over again?
  1. Jared
    I guess I’m not afraid of dying, but terrified of living.
  2. Carson
    Ten, because if I stopped loving you, I have already died.
  3. Jared
    You’re my drug of choice, and I’ll never be able to counter my addiction.
  4. Carson
    Do you think Jared asked to have cancer?
  5. Carson
    I was still crying myself to sleep and hurting terribly.
  6. Carson
    I was finally accepting that he would never come back, but still hoping that every one was wrong.
  7. River
    "It hurts because you're afraid, when it's actually dying to get out."
  8. Carson
    I'm like a piece of shattered glass; You can't fix me.
  9. River
    What she hasn't learned is that there's light at the end of the tunnel; Her eyes just haven't adjusted yet.
  10. Carson
    I don’t like River. I love Jared. Don’t get distracted, girl. Just breathe.
  11. River
    She was warming up to me; I could tell. I made her feel real again. I made her feel like she was human.
  12. Carson
    Slowly, but surely, I was realizing what I needed to do.
  13. River
    I couldn’t get her out of my mind, even with her in my arms.
  14. Carson
    All of a sudden, I remembered feeling happy, and then the glass window shattered.
  15. River
    That’s when she squeezed my hand. It was weak, but it was enough.
  16. Carson
    That made me smile, and there was no way in hell that I could reject.