Status: Eh.

Just a Dream

Chapter 1

It was two weeks after the day she’d turned twenty-one, and all she wanted to do was have some fun that night. Little did Leandra Reinhart know that her life would be changed forever.

Leandra (more commonly known as Lee) and her best friend, Sarah Mitchell, walked into one of the many Los Angeles bars serving as a support for the troops fighting in Vietnam. It was there that, after a few celebratory drinks (specifically for the official coming of age of Lee and her twin sister who at the time was across the country in Florida), she saw him. He was sitting at the other end of the bar, the darker side, with another man, drinking a beer. He was a tall, muscular man with dark hair and a stern yet kind face. Never had she seen a man like him.

“Lee… Lee…! LEE!” the abrupt call from Sarah brought her back to reality.

“Uh, what was that you were saying?” the blonde questioned, a light blush tinting her cheeks as she pushed back a bit of hair from her face.

“I asked if you wanted to change bars or head out all together…” Sarah trailed off, following her friend’s previous gaze and spotting the two men. “Ohhh… so which one?”

“I-I have no... wha-what you’re talking ab-about?”

The redhead laughed. “Oh please! I know you better than that Lee-Lee. You don’t stutter or stammer unless you’re nervous! Not to mention you’re playing with your hair… so spill.”

Lee continued to fidget for a bit before giving a sigh of defeat. “The one with longer hair.”

*******

“Stop staring, Victor,” came the voice of the dark haired man before taking a drink of beer.

“Now how can I when they’re talking about us, Jimmy?” replied the man with the dark blonde hair referred to as Victor.

“Easily.” Retorted Jimmy, James was actually his name but was also known by the name of Logan. “Just turn around and—” His train of thought was cut off as the blonde uttered her words.

Logan had not yet seen the girls but turned to look when Leandra spoke those fateful words. To him she looked like a beautiful woman (and he was no stranger to beautiful women), she wasn’t an overly skinny girl but was still below the average, her platinum blonde hair reached down past her shoulder blades, her face was of a simple beauty. But it was her voice, along with her answer, that caught his attention. It was slightly accented, like his own and Victor’s, and smooth but at the same time contained a certain fierceness.

A low chuckle came from Victor as he said, “Who’s staring now?”

Logan turned back, glaring at his elder half-brother. He could sense the slight change in Victor’s demeanor as he looked the girls over. “Leave them alone, Victor.”

“Aw, come now, Jimmy… don’t you wanna have some fun?” the elder teased at Logan’s warning. Sure the redhead wasn’t much compared to the blonde, but it’d still be a fun ride.

To many it would seem as though Victor sauntered over to the two girls, but Logan knew the correct term was more along the lines of “stalked.”
♠ ♠ ♠
And so goes the first installment of "Just a Dream"! In case you couldn't tell the first chunk of this story is based off of the Carrie Underwood song of the same name. Who knows when I'll get around to writing the rest but I wanted to upload this. So enjoy!

Leandra Reinhart & Sarah Mitchell (c) Me
Wolverine & Sabertooth (c) Marvel