Status: hiatus until co-author returns(or gives me the go ahead to finish alone.)

Paradise Lost

Twelve

Image
banner credit to delusional cat.

I think a part of me was happy that Jake had kissed me. Though I was still somewhat in shock by the whole event, and I couldn’t even indulge my happiness to anyone. I wasn’t that type of girl, I wasn’t the girl that sat around and gossiped about boys. At least not in the way most girls did. I was the girl that talked about how good at sex this boy was, or just…I don’t even know anymore. Summer Gemma was becoming a very late bloomer and it wasn’t healthy for my summer vacation. Especially with the fact that two weeks had already passed, and I hadn’t had a single pretend promiscuity with anyone.

I supposed there could’ve been rumors circulating about Jake and I, but perhaps he was keeping everyone clear on the fact that we had done nothing…aside from ice cream and a surprise kiss. A surprise date, in fact. I couldn’t believe he had suckered me into it and yet, I wasn’t even remotely angry. At least, not anymore…but it technically couldn’t be a date. I had paid, that never worked. The girl never paid, unless this was two women. But the last time I checked, Jake was very much a man.

I had spent the majority of the day on a tree swing just in front of the beach. It was obnoxiously early in the morning, but sleep had only been welcoming for a few hours. I was surprised, and yet very not surprised when the weight shifted and an extra person joined my sky gazing. I glanced over, expecting to see a wistful Jake next to me. Instead, there was a very sullen-looking Jackie.

It didn’t take me but a moment to realize what the issue was. Jackie’s family had never been the happiest of places. Thus the sneaking out and the drinking and the sleeping around, it was an easy solution for Jackie. Normal Gemma wished she could help, but quite honestly, she feared being turned down by Jackie. Jackie was used to Summer Gemma. She was used to the adventurous, quizzical, super slutty Gemma. There was really only one thing Summer Gemma could do in this type of situation.

“First thing we need to do is go wake up Morgan,” I murmured. “Then we get manicures, pedicures and the whole shebang from Morgan’s dad’s. Then…well, obviously we shall attend the lake house. I heard Troy is going to be there…”

The mention of all of this slowly but surely started to perk Jackie up, and I knew Summer Gemma had succeeded in her quest. Now to act out the scenes.