Status: hiatus until co-author returns(or gives me the go ahead to finish alone.)

Paradise Lost

Three

Sometimes I wished that I liked alcohol. That way, instead of pretending I was having the time of my life, I’d actually be having the time of my life. Maybe then, with the booze coursing through my better senses, I wouldn’t be so afraid. A lot of times, Jackie asked me what exactly I was afraid of, and I could never give her the answer.

I knew it wasn’t one of those trick questions. It was more along the lines of ending up like the rest of the real bimbos at this party. While I could put on the most flawless front, and no one would suspect a thing, I was terrified of actually becoming like them; those girls who were able to so freely expose themselves. Just the thought of showing a boy my naked chest made me want to gag.

But nonetheless, they’d be expecting it. Or at least, from what they’d heard, from the needless spreading of rumors that I helped infuse, at least one maybe even two of them would get lucky with me.

Just as I found a cup that hadn’t been polluted with the pungent smell and taste of vodka, rum, tequila or any of the other numerous varieties of intoxicants available to us, a thick muscled arm wisped around my waist. I bit my tongue, struggling with a cry of protest. As I turned to see who it was, I smiled with no surprise. “Taylor.” Taylor smiled as he heard his name roll off the tip of my tongue. He leaned in closer, his hot breath burning my nostrils.

“I love the way you say my name, but when are you going to start moaning it, Gem?” His voice was coarse with exertion, probably from screaming around the music blaring in the small room. I smiled tightly, pushing against his chest in an automatic response to his unwanted closeness, but quickly recovered. It had been too long since I had to play this role. It was always tough getting back in the body of Summer Gemma.

“Don’t worry, Taylor. You’ll get your turn.” With a quick smile, I patted Taylor on the shoulder and turned to seek out redemption. Also known as Jackie.
♠ ♠ ♠
This isn't as good as it could be. But I'm too tired to care. Love youuuse.