Status: hiatus until co-author returns(or gives me the go ahead to finish alone.)

Paradise Lost

Five

The bedroom I had claimed over the countless years we had stayed in this house was small, very small. I would’ve sprinted to the master bedroom, but having two parents, one of which was a bit tubbier than most, didn’t really allow for that. Instead, I succumbed to my mother’s wishes of me staying in the smallest room in the entire house. It didn’t matter much. It wasn’t like I spent most of my time in my room; I wasn’t a loner. I actually had friends. If I wasn’t sleeping, or contemplating the meaning of life I was out with Jackie or my newest stalker.

Summer Gemma was infamous for her stalkers. In fact, she was so famous that she was known for being a slut. I’m also pretty positive that all of the boys that I didn’t have sex with, told everyone that we did. This could only have served to add fuel to the slut rumor fire. And as far as I’m concerned, they can keep bragging about a conquest they never made, that’s just fine with me. It helps to remind me of the air that Summer Gemma has. And let’s be honest, Summer Gemma is a hoe.

But at the present moment, Summer Gemma was taking a nap while Ordinary Gemma daydreamed about her new mystery man. Sure, he was kind of a creep. And the fact that he was watching me blow bubbles was either really pervy or really…endearing. I couldn’t decide, to be honest. All I could really think of was the little intellectual conversation he had attempted to have with me. Or rather, he had had with himself while I listened in awe.

Just as I was actually falling asleep and about to join my summer self, my phone began to vibrate angrily next to my head. I sighed, rolling over to check the image display. Jackie. Who else? ? I had no other friends here. Well, I had one other friend, but he tended to avoid cell phones whenever he could; he could be a bit gullible at times and actually believed the rumors floating around that cell phone waves caused brain tumors. So I doubted he would be the one interrupting my nearly reached dream-state.

“Yes?” My voice was almost monotonous as I answered; I had to remember to stick with Summer Gemma. Carefree, fun, ridiculously outspoken Gemma. Not the Gemma who despised the world and all of its frivolities.

“Whoa, who woke up on the wrong side of the bed?” Gemma did. “Any who, I’m craving ice cream. Meet me at Dave’s?”

“Whatever.”

After dragging myself out of bed, I made my way to Dave’s. I was about to head into the parlor, when I caught a glimpse of him out of the corner of my eyes; bubble boy. My eyes widened and I had the sudden urge to run to him and leap into his arms, as if this was some movie festival where romance blossomed out of nowhere. But instead, I casually attempted to walk his way, stopping every so often to pretend I wasn’t walking in his direction.

Apparently I took too long in my attempt to appear aloof and he was gone before I even made it halfway to him. One moment he was there, across the street, and the next he was gone. He just vanished, and I was left staring at the space he previously occupied. As if on cue, Jackie came out of the ice cream shop and waved me over. “What were you doing?” She asked, running her tongue over a strawberry cone.

“There was this guy…nothing. Nothing at all.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know I write freakishly fast. Any who, enjoy, comment subscribe, love us!