Status: Second time around the movie rocked!!!

Sweet Dreams Arthur

Caught Up In More Ways Than One

I whipped around to find Arthur. “How long have you been standing there Arthur?” “Long enough Savannah.” he responded coolly.

Hmm I wonder how long I could play dumb for. “Long enough for what?” “Long enough to see you be groped by Mario. So I ask you again. How long have you been projecting Mario?”

Damn I knew it wouldn’t last. So I made on more desperate attempt to deflect, a low blow. I smirked at Arthur, “Why jealous? All you have to do is ask Arthur.” And ladies and gentlemen I have now achieved the impossible. I made Arthur sputter over his words. “What?... That’s not.. Savannah…”

He loosened his bow tie with a huff. And finally when he collected himself he snapped “Quite messing around Savannah as point man I have to know everything. It’s bad enough I have to cover Dom, but now I have to take care of you.”

Ouch that really hurt. And I knew Arthur could tell he hurt my feelings because then softly he continues. “I love you guys so I am always concerned with your well-being. I can’t do that if you don’t let me in.” Wow how could I fight sincerity like that?

“It started immediately when we started doing jobs.” I admitted feebly. “Jesus Savannah all this time. And you said nothing?” he admonished. I do not appreciate being patronized.

I stared him down rebelliously, “I have it handled. I kept it under control this long haven’t I?”

Instead of the fight I thought Arthur was going to put up he smile lightly at me, “It amazes me how much you and Dom resemble each other.” “Just what every girl wants to hear. She looks like a man.”

No really a man, my brother, was not on my list of things I wanted Arthur to think of me as. Arthur chuckled and brush curl out of my face. “No one would call you a man Savannah. You no doubt are beautiful women.” He told me tenderly.

He looked at me at me deeply so I gave him more of what he wanted to know. “Mario come and goes. You’ve been on almost every job with me so obviously I have control.” I explained.

Arthur nodded curtly. He was satisfied for now. “Alright. For now but we will talk about this later.” “Yes daddy.” Instead of being caught off guard he chuckled this time. Music to my ears “All right I think it’s time Dom and I waited in Saito’s dining room. He should find his way their shortly. And he left.

It’s amazing how real a dream could be. How our mind is so tricked that we can be dropped into any random moment and we don’t question it. Especially, if it’s a plausible one. We could go through it for what seems like hours and not question it until we wake up. And it is then we realize we were in fact asleep and dreaming.

I looked back to the room my boys were in. The door was now closed. Right about now my brother should have been pitching his proposal. He was trying to convince Saito he and his associate were here to offer a service that protected his secret. While observing his reactions Dom would be able to find the vault where he locked those secrets. We were going to give them to our employer, a rival company to Saito name Copal Engineering.

I surprisingly didn’t have to wait long. Saito and the guards exited the room. My brother headed out what I assumed to be his hotel room and Arthur came towards me with a hastened pace and look of determination. “We need to go to your bedroom.” I choked a little on my drink and my face burned, “Er…What?” I eloquently responded. “Saito knows. I think he’s onto us. He was too calm and knew too much about us and what we do. Dom is going to plan B.” Extraction by force. He was going to break into the Safe to steal the papers.

Arthur was flabbergasted “I just don’t get how Saito caught on to us knew. It was like he was expecting us.”

My eyes grew wide. “Mal” Arthur tilted his head to the side, “Maybe. Do you think she’d do that?” I nodded my head affirmatively. “What makes you so sure?” he questioned. “Well for one thing she and 2 of Saito’s armed guards are standing behind you.”

Arthur whirls around just in time be punched in the face by a nameless guard. Instantly I went after the guard. No one hits Arthur. But the sound of a “Tsk tsk” stops me in my tracks. “Now Savannah we wouldn’t want anyone to feel excruciating pain would we?” My actions ceased at once as the deceased French women held a gun to Arthur’s arm as a threat.

“I can make this very painful for him Savannah. Come quietly.”

End