Status: Changed the storyline a bit.

Recipe for Happiness

Chapter One

Sooner or later, she had told herself, it was bound to happen. Having married at 18 and had a baby a few months later the union of Bae Yong Won and Go Mi Soo had not been out of love but out of shame. Now, 18 years later, they were calling it quits. The marriage had not been good for either of the two and the only thing that had held them together was… well, me.

My name is Rina and I'm eighteen and have now started a career as a home wrecker.
Of course my parents told me that it was none of my fault, and I guess it wasn't. The discovery of my unknown little sister had been the last drop in my beloved mothers already flooding river. It was still strange, thinking I had a sibling outside the home of my parents. I always knew that it was not a loving home I lived in, but I still thought that my father would have that much respect to the woman that bore and birthed his child, that he would not cheat on her. Of course I was wrong, and my father later confessed that he grew to love my mother eventually but knowing he had seen someone else made him feel as if his love was not that kind of love my mother needed.

In the end, my mother could not afford living with a teenager who would eat anything that came to her eyesight, and I was forced to move out. So, here I am, five days later on the train to the big city - Seoul. Having been born and grown up in one of the smaller villages outside of town I had only visited the grand city once, I was five and all I could remember was the smell of asphalt and diesel. I could only hope that I would be left with a better impression after having lived there for a while. However, seeing as I didn't know anyone nor had managed to get a job before I left I doubted that my stay would be a happy one.

The trip to Seoul took twelve hours by train and there is not much you can do on a train. After having emptied the battery of my iPod, played some games on the arcades in one of the wagons, had lunch - I was out of things to do with 8 more hours until I would reach my new home.
Remembering I had my beloved laptop with me, I turned it on and opened a new document in Word as soon as it had finished booting.

"Things to do in Seoul" I typed before formatting it and making the text and the list I was about to write pretty. Call it an OCD, whenever I was writing something be it on a computer or on paper, I always had to make sure it looked good. The content might not be good, but at least the layout was. Chewing on my lower lip, my eyes drifted to a tourist folder lying in the seat next to mine. Flipping through it I found the exact heading I had typed in on my computer earlier; things to do in Seoul. Looking at the list, I returned my gaze to my laptop, my hands lingering over the keyboard before I my fingers flew across the keyboard.

"See the cityscape from a skyscraper" my mother had told me that was one of the must-dos when visiting Seoul. Taking some tips from the folder, I kept writing and as my list was nearly finished I looked at the last point on the list that was in the folder.

I stopped typing and suddenly felt flustered. I could skydive, I could pet a lion -but that?
Looking around in the train I saw a young couple feeding each other and looking like they'd won a million in the state lottery. Sighing, I returned to my laptop and typed in the three words I had read in the folder:

"Fall in Love"

Saving the list I closed my laptop and looked again at my wristwatch. Seven and a half hours left.
Thinking about my list, I re-read it again in my head. Falling in love. Even though my parents were a good example of how love didn't exist, this was every girls dream. It couldn't be that hard, could it?