How to Mend a Broken Heart in Ten Days

Til' Death Do We Party Prt. 1

No one ever knows how they're going to die. Most of us hope that we'll die peacefully in our sleep. Never, would I picture myself gasping for my last breath while my attacker watches over me with no remorse. What's even more shocking.............. the identity of the person who did it.

" You really need to stop being so anti-social"

"I'm not anti social. I just like being alone" I retorted back hoping my mother would get the hint that I wanted to be left alone.

" Aria, all loners say that"

You know that girl at parties who just stands by the wall either because she has no friends or is repelled by all the poeple there. Well, that's me.

"Mom, you're being a pest plus no one wants to talk to me anyway". Which I'm sure was true

"Of course they do. You're the most beautiful girl in the room" She said it in a whispers as if she wanted no one to hear. This was our annual Christmas party which my parents told me was just to socialize with our neighbors but I'm pretty sure it was just to flaunt our wealth. While I should be socializing with guests, I'm glued to the wall.

" That makes me feel so much better" I added lying through my teeth.

I was the farthest thing from "beautiful". My skin was so pale it looked like I just stepped out of a morgue. My hair was untameable with dark curls reaching down my back. My eyes were so blue that they resembled the color of the ocean. Basically, I didn't fit the Italian stereotype.

"I knew you would" My mother said flashing one of her million dollar smiles

I had to ditch this party. The people here made me physically sick. They were all here for the wrong reasons. They were stuck up and snobby. With their botox injections, fancy cars imported from all over and not a care for anyone but themselves. That's the rich life for you.

I discreetly sneaked out the back door only to bump into one of the waiters a few feet away

"You shouldn't be out here at night............... It's not safe

This guy was seriously sending out some creepy vibes.

When I didn't respond he started again

" I've been watching you all night and I'm sure someone as shy and as pretty as you can easily be taken advantage of"

That didn't sound stalkerish at all. Sarcasm

"I- I'm only going for a short walk"

Not waiting for a response I breezed past him not daring to look around. A few minutes in the walk I couldn't help but feel like I was being watched.

What's the first thing you do when you feel like you're being watched? Walk faster

My heart now felt like it was going to beat right out of my chest and sweat now trickled down my forehead as my walk turned into a run and at this I was a hundred percent sure someone was following me
♠ ♠ ♠
This is my first story so be kind with the comments please :). Subscribe and comment please. I would really appreciate it. I'm not so good with grammar skills but I tried hard