How to Mend a Broken Heart in Ten Days

A New Beginning

Running patrols aren't as fun as they used to be. Running used to be a way to clear my mind and not care if the pack saw my thoughts. Now I tried my hardest to conceal them but they still knew I was hurting.

" Your not trying to run away again are you? Embry asked. Half joking, half serious.

" I'm trying to clear my thoughts" Clearly not trying hard enough.

Then there was silence. It wasn't awkward but I wouldn't classify it as comfortable either.

"Are you okay?" He asked for the billionth time since I've been back. Apparently it was a crime to heartbroken

I didn't even bother to look at him then he would definitely know that I was hurting. I changed out of my wolf form so maybe he would get the hint that I wanted to be left alone.

But apparently that was not the case.

Embry just trodded along next to me, trying to match my long strides and carefully watching my face for any hint of emotion.

" You're gonna have to talk to me sometime, Jake"

" Well that day obviously isn't gonna be today"

Embry was about to retort back but was startled by a blood hurling scream.

We both went to go investigate and nothing could have prepared me for what happened next

Beautiful couldn't even begin to describe this girl. There she was, covered in leaves. Picking each one of gently as if they were fragile. Her eyes reminded me of the ocean. I slowly felt the memories of my time with Bella slowly fading away. I couldn't take my eyes away from her and for the first time in a long time I actually felt good, not happy but good.

Holy Shit! I imprinted and by the look on Embry's face I could tell he realized it too.

All of these emotions fled to me at once.

Love. Anger. Hatred. Betrayal?

I did the first thing I could think of.

I ran.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment/Rate/Subscribe