‹ Prequel: These Days

More of These Days

I don't do too much rambling these days

Taylor sat across from Michael Salko with a smile on her face. The tall boy had a spastic nature and a goofy grin and tried really hard.

A part of her mind was stuck on Jordan but she pushed that behind her. He was bad for her, he really was. This relationship would self destruct at any moment and if Sidney found out they both would be dead. That's why she was out with Michael.

He'd taken her out to a movie. He'd wrapped his am around her shoulders and she'd leaned into him. He'd kissed her head and she couldn't stop smiling. He'd taken her out to ice cream and this is where they sat.

This was the type of thing she could never have with Jordan. She'd never be able to go out and have a normal date. He'd never sweetly asking her what movie she'd like to see...Jordan would always decide.

Michael bought her a pistachio cone, her favorite flavor. They ate and talked about school and hockey and their friends and the future. It was comfortable and fun. Michael even drove her home at the end of the date, sweetly kissing her cheek instead of her lips. He told her he didn't believe in kissing on the first date.

Michael was sweet. Jordan was salty. Michael was like a glass of orange juice. Jordan was like a pint of beer.

Michael was the boy she should be with. The clear winner.

But a part of Taylor couldn't get over the sweet anxious feeling of being with Jordan.

She went to bed that night with her eyes wide closed and her arms spread shut. A decision wasn't on the horizon any time soon.