‹ Prequel: That Sinking Feeling

Capsized

Capsized

And with the speed of a lightning strike, the boat took a dive. Though she anticipated sinking and prepared herself for the worst, she was without a life-jacket, and it would take her God knows how long to realize her lungs were filling what would have felt like cement—but she was untouched by reality. The chill of being empty and without meaning numbed every inch of her body as she was dragged through the abyss that had become her life.

Her mind was blank, yet buzzing with a flurry of questions that would never receive answers. And she hated him... But for every time she told herself that, and for each grain of salt that entered her open wounds, the distant memory of once loving him grew tenfold, and the theater in her conscious looped through pleasant moments that now tasted like bitter dreams.

Why? Where did they go wrong? How did the boat tip over so fast?

While trapped in her own mind and submerged in a world that can only be described as endless heartbreak, there was only one truth she knew of: The worst feeling is knowing that life would be so altered if just one minute detail were different.
♠ ♠ ♠
Don't worry, I'm okay now. (: