Status: DONE!

All The Love You Need

1/1

“What does it say?!” Maral yelled from the other side of the bathroom door.

“Shut up! Sergio will hear you!” I heard her sigh and try to jiggle the doorknob again. I rolled my eyes and unlocked the door figuring it would be better for her to be in here rather then out there, hyperventilating.

“He’s busy downstairs in the office.” Gerard and I were staying with Sergio and Maral in Madrid for a week before we went back to Barcelona. The boys just got back from the World Cup a week ago and they were still doing interviews and celebrating. Geri was at some press conference right now, so Maral and I went out and got a pregnancy test for me because I haven’t been feeling myself for a few weeks, and this was the only thing that could explain all the symptoms I’ve been having. Maral ripped the test out of my hand once she locked the bathroom door behind her.

“You know I peed on that right?” She didn’t even look up as she dropped the stick in the sink, turning her body to look at me completely as I cocked a smile with my hand resting on my hip.

“Ew.”

“It has a cover on it though.” I said as I quickly grabbed the stick from the sink.

“Bitch.” She smiled as she put the toilet seat down so that she could sit on it. She pulled her legs up to her chest, resting her chin on her knees. “What do you think it is?” I looked at her with an are-you-kidding-me look.

“I don’t even know if I have an ‘it’ yet.” She shrugged her shoulders and continued to babble.

“I was just wondering, I mean, have you ever thought of it. I wouldn’t care, but I really want a boy first so he can take care of his little sisters, I know Sergio really wants a boy too, but deep down, he also wants a girl…but I think he wants a boy fir-“ I stopped her mid sentence.

“How many do you want?” She looked over at me smiling. “Please don’t say like 15 because it’s Sergio’s number or something ridiculous like that.” She laughed.

“His main number is 4 silly, that’s why he has it tattooed, his lucky number is 7, but I think we just want 4.” She smiled and had that look in her eyes like the love had taken over all the sensibility of her mind. I smiled at my best friend knowing that she would make a great mom one day, and I was happy that she had someone that cared for her enough that he put her before everything else in his life.

“I don’t know what I want…I guess I don’t care, as long as it’s healthy.”

“Psh, it’s got Geri’s genes, that kid is gonna be healthy, tall as shit, a footballer, and have blue eyes, it better have his blue eyes, if you give that kid your brown eyes, I will kill you!” She pointed at me accusingly as I smacked her hand away.

“Yeah, like I can control that shit, and hey! What’s wrong with my brown eyes?!” I pouted as I crossed my arms. She gave me a wide grin and shook her head.

“Nothing, I just like Gerard’s blue eyes better. I mean, I have brown eyes too, and so does Sergio.” She was right though, Geri’s blue eyes were amazing, and I found myself wishing the child would have blue eyes just like him. “It’s been longer than 2 minutes! What does it say?” Before I could answer I heard Sergio’s voice from downstairs calling for Maral.

“¿Princesa, me puede ayudar usted con algo abajo aquí? Ah, y Geri recogió sólo.” (Princess can you help me with something down here? Oh, and Geri just pulled in.) We both turned to each other wide eyed.

“¡Un momento Serg!” She yelled out, and we both panicked as we heard his heavy footsteps coming on the stairs.

“Where are you?” He asked just outside the door.

“Not in here.” I replied at the same time that she said “In here.” We looked at each other again, and answered him again, switching answers so they were still contradicting each other. I heard Sergio let out a light laugh as he jiggled the doorknob.

“What are you two doing in there?” He asked as we heard the front door open. Maral looked at me and in a hushed tone quickly spoke to me.

“Let me see what it says, I’ll go out there, take Sergio and go stall Geri, just come down quickly.” I nodded and we both looked at the pregnancy test to see a plus sign, Maral shrieked as I turned to her, smacking my hand over her mouth. She stopped shrieking and hugged me, jumping up and down while Sergio knocked on the door.

“Nena, what is going on?” She cracked the door open a bit, looking out in the hallway. I hid behind the door as I heard her kiss him in a playful manner, smacking her lips.

“Muah. Nothing, Addy smacked me cause I got nail polish on her toe while I was painting her toenails.”

“And you couldn’t do that in the bedroom because?”

“It doesn’t matter, lets go downstairs.” I ran to the door as Maral stepped out and watched them walk towards the steps, Sergio shaking his head in a whatever manner. I heard Maral excitedly greet Geri…yeah, she wasn’t giving away her sudden excitement. I laughed to myself, quickly grabbing the box for the pregnancy test and throwing the stick in there, taking it with me to hide in the guest room. I fixed my hair in the mirror and headed downstairs where everyone was. Maral was sitting in Sergio’s lap on the couch, looking at Geri with a wide grin. He was smiling at her in an awkward manner, she was scaring him, I just knew it. I saw a look of relief pass on his face as I greeted him. He got up from the couch and came over to me, hugging me, Maral following his every step with her gaze while Sergio sat running his hand up and down Maral’s arm, oblivious to the way his girlfriend was acting. I looked at her as Gerard wrapped his arms around me. I held one of my hands down, telling her to calm herself as she smiled and gave me two thumbs up. I rolled my eyes as Geri whispered in my ear.

“What’s wrong with Maral, she wasn’t like this when I left.” I laughed and quickly came up with an excuse.

“She made lasagna, you know she loves lasagna.” He laughed and pulled at my hand, taking me to the couch to sit with him.

“So how was the press conference?” Sergio asked as we all sat at the couch.

+++

“I love lasagna. Don’t you love lasagna Geri? Addison, you want more lasagna? You only had two plates, you should have more, I’m sure you’re hungry.” I turned to her wide eyed while, Geri laughed at her, Sergio grabbed her hand to pull her back down as she got up to serve us, again.

“The lasagna is right in front of them Maral, they can serve themselves if they want more, we’re all friends here, we don’t have to be modest around each other.” She huffed and sat in her seat, picking up her fork and shoving a big cheesy piece in her mouth, eyeing Sergio the whole time as he looked down at his plate, continuing his meal without giving her a second glance.

“I don’t know about you guys, but I love Maral’s lasagna, so I’m going to have more.” Gerard said as he smiled up at her. This made her drop her frown and give a grin that showed her teeth. I held my plate out and asked Geri if he could cut a piece for me as well. We continued eating, I thought I could wait until after dinner to tell Gerard, but I couldn’t keep it in anymore, I had to tell him. I set my fork down and cleared my throat. Maral clapped her hands over the table as Sergio looked at her like she had three heads, leaning in to whisper something to her. She shooed him away with her hand and pointed at me. I smiled at Sergio who pointed to Maral and gave me a look as if to ask if I knew why she was so bubbly and over excited, at least more than usual. I held up my hand, letting him know that I was about to explain. I placed my right hand over Geri’s, who was sitting to the right of me. He placed his fork down and looked at me questioningly.

“I figured what other place than with our friends should I share this great news…” I let out a deep sigh and smiled at Gerard. “This’ll explain Maral’s sudden burst of energy as well.” She started squirming in her seat while Sergio placed his hand out on the table for her to hold, which she gladly took and held with both her hands, resting her cheek against the back of his hand. “I’m pregnant.” Gerard’s smile grew as Maral let out another little shriek of joy. He got out of his seat and came over, turning my chair out to face him, he placed his hands on either side of my face and kissed me. My arms slowly made their way around his neck as he pulled me up out of my chair to a standing position.

“I love you Addy.” He leaned down again to kiss my nose as he turned towards Sergio and Maral. “I’m going to be a dad.” He said with a huge smile on his face. Sergio was the first to get up and walk over to him, shaking his hand and giving him a hug.

“Felicitaciones.” (Congratulations.) After hugging Geri, Sergio came over to me, opening his arms with his head tilted to the side, beckoning me with his hands. I walked into his embrace, feeling comfortable in the arms of my friend. “So that was what you two were busy with in the bathroom?” He whispered in my ear. I nodded my head in response as he held my head in his hands, leaning down to kiss the top of my head. “It’s wonderful news mi querido.” I smiled and pulled him down to whisper in his ear.

“Maral wants one soon too, don’t worry, you’ll be a daddy too.” He smiled as he hugged me again before walking back around the table. I watched as Geri held his arms out for Maral to come hug him. She had been sitting calmly in her seat, waiting for everyone to get as excited as she was. Maral jumped out of her seat squealing as she jumped at Gerard for a hug.

“Promise you’ll help out?” He asked her, she looked at him, her smile growing.

“Of course!” She ran out of Geri’s grasp and towards me, stopping short and gently hugging me before backing away, Sergio resting his hands on her shoulders. “I’m so happy and now I can actually show it because you all know!” I laughed shaking my head.

“Not like you were doing such a great job at hiding your excitement earlier.” She stuck her tongue out at me before going back to sit down.

“You guys still haven’t finished dinner!” She whined as everyone went back to their seats. Geri held my hand in his while we sat down and continued to eat. He pulled my hand up to his lips, kissing my knuckles before placing it back down on the table between us. I looked down at my stomach and placed my free hand on my lower stomach, smiling. I was ready for this baby, and I knew that it would get all the love it needed with family and friends close by.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just because I can...the ending was meh...but that's because we all know I'm horrible at writing those. Not that long, because I thought of it and wanted it to be short and sweet. Anyways, love to hear what you think :)