Status: Hiatus

Don't Listen to the World

"Hey Boyfriend"

“Well what do we have here?” A deep voice called behind her in the camera section of Target. Pam didn’t pay him any notice; she kept on fiddling with each of the cameras that interested her, trying to decide which one would fit her better. He didn’t take that as a hint since he closed the distance between them, leaning on the counter right by her side. “Pamela Kirch is back after running away.” He stated. “How’ve you been?” he asked her, trying to be a polite gentleman.

“Getting by.” She answered still inspecting the camera she had in her hand, and then stated before he ever had the change to ask, “I’m not interested, Trevor.”

His mouth fell open and his ego was slightly dented. “Then why’d you come back here if you weren’t gonna pick up where you left off.” He more of stated than asked. “You can’t be in a relationship, that’s just not you.” It took him by surprise that she wasn’t here to fuck around with all the guys she previously had before she left. To every guy in Tempe, she’s the best of the casual fucks.

She spat back, “You don’t know anything about me!” Pamela was starting to get angry with him, this guy that she hooked up with once out of boredom and pity, and this guy that has been pawning after her for her whole high school career.

“I know you’re a slut.” He stated matter-of-factly.

“If I’m a slut then how come I’m in a great relationship?” she asked rhetorically.

“He’s a blind bastard.” Trevor stated without thinking. “Who’s the guy anyway?” his curiosity got the better of him and he had to ask.

Pamela quickly noticed Jared walking past them to the book section. “Jared!” she called, motioning him to come over. Jared obviously obliged, he didn’t know what she wanted, and it seemed to him that she needed an escape from that guy she was with.

Once Jared was near her, Pam snaked an arm around his lower back, looking at Trevor intently. “This is my boyfriend.” She looked up at Jared’s taken aback face, causing the corners of her lips to pull up. “He’s perfect, and he doesn’t care about my past.” She leaned her head on his stiff shoulder. “That’s why I love him.” She turned her body completely towards Jared’s so that she was facing him, leaning in slowly to kiss his lips.

“Whatever.” Trevor said right before he stormed away, causing Pamela to move away from Jared before sealing the kiss with a face that read job well done.
________________________________________________________________________

After having her “girl time”, Pamela spotted the boys hanging around the food court, obviously getting something to fill their stomachs.

“Hey, Boyfriend.”Pamela said coming up behind Jared who was seated at one of the food court tables with a majority of the guys, placing a chaste kiss on his cheek.

As she kissed Jared’s cheek she noticed the tall lanky boy standing diagonal from them with a tray of food in his hands. She pulled her lips slowly away from their place on Jared’s cheek. At that moment she finally fully recognized him, he was little John O’Callaghan; the boy that Tim always brought to family gatherings. He grew taller, his features starting to fit right on his body. He smiled his perfect lopsided grin when he noticed her ogling him. Pam sent a small smirk his way, noting mentally to get to know this eye capturing boy.
♠ ♠ ♠
Where am I going with this, I don't know...

COMMENT

Love,
Dom