Ignorance Is Bliss

Probably the one and only chapter.

From time to time people feel the need of change. No, I dare not say that certain things aren't supposed to stay the exact way that they are, but who on Earth could ever deny the fact that change, though sometimes difficult and possibly painful, is one step above inevitable? It is very inevitable.

So that leaves one wondering, thinking quite hard, pushing oneself to understand, why(oh, why?), humans, damned beings who take themselves overly serious, have such hard times at changing and, especially, at allowing things to change. Why, such a big part of the six billions of persons, in this beautiful, but ever-so messed up world, have such a hard time at allowing things to move along.

For life is like a river, it moves along, it moves, and as it moves it carries all the rocks away.

And then again, one thinks, and one gets sad, sadly depressed, at realizing exactly how short this life is, how typical, and, why not?, how sad it is to live, for everything changes, and sometimes, not quite for the best.

But we're humans! Mighty humans, we are supposed to be ever so strong, so powerful, we think that we, our little selves, hold the power to just about everything around, above and underneath us. Consequently, why don't we use this power, this mighty mighty ability of ours, to stop things from changing?

And now, one thinks again. We are far, far from being powerful. Far from being strong. Far from even being able, able to tell how strong or weak we are. We are always and forever, far or even further from the mere truth. Though, the good ones of us spend their lives trying to find the real truth, the true truth, the mere, raw truth as we want it, keeps avoiding to fall into our weak hands. And the wish, the terrible crave, the obsessive want to find this raw truth goes away too, because living, as hard as it may seem to some, is truly and completely possible in ignorance.

Ignorance is bliss.

Yes, one may think that living in ignorance is bad, or even impossible (god bless one who thinks that). But if one is ignorant to the fact that living in ignorance is not good, bad or impossible, then one won't need to know much more. So life in ignorance can be happily dwelt. Because, who can tell a challenged person, for a sad example, that they are not alive because they do not know all the facts that we, the lucky bastards know (notice the sarcasm)? In fact, one who is mentally challenged will dwell his life much more happily than a statistic-fed-up, corporate zombie, fact-knowing average person. A challenged person might live a life happier than the majority of us.

"Why?", one, a thoughtful one, might again ask. The answer, my friend, is blowing in the wind... Isn't it simple to see how someone that doesn't fully comprehend the troubles of this world, a world more in pain everyday, is happier than a person that is honestly worried about how bad the same world is doing? About how much sicker the planet gets day by day?

Now you might see clearer, if you didn't quite agree from the beginning, that Ignorance is bliss.
Then again, this little, unimportant author, would happily respond to your disagreement and respect whatever different thing, you, much appreciated reader, might be thinking.
♠ ♠ ♠
just a little essay I wrote. I honestly don't know if I wrote it for the sake of the huge inspiration i've been getting lately or for the sake of my new keyboard, which I love. Probably both. I'm a typophile today, this new keyboard rocks, so I updated a story, wrote a journal and wrote this new story. yipee! okay. I'll be silent now. I'll be silent and let you comment this.