I Love to Hate You

One!

"Norah, get the guys and me another beer!" My drunk brother Rick calls from the dining room. He is always having friends over to drink and play poker. It's no wonder that he's always asking me for money, he wastes it on poker

Not that we have a money issue. Our father gave all his money to his children, us, when he died. Now my parents had a lot of money, but in their will, they wrote that we only get so much per year. It was enough to get us what we need and a little of what we want, but not enough to spoil us. Which is perfect. Except my brother always wants more.

I really had to study for the huge English test we have tomorrow and getting Rick and his friends beer every half an hour isn't working for me. I'm going to fail at this rate. I sigh and bring seven or eight beers to my brother. His friends are pigs, always slapping my ass and whistling at me. I'm not even that good looking!

The only reason I live with my brother is when my parents died, he was 18 and got full custody of me. I have one more year of high school left, so I'm just riding it out until I can leave.

"Here Rick. Look, I have to study. Stop asking me to do stuff." I tell him.

"Be quiet Norah. You're living under my house, so you'll do whatever I ask you to do." This is the house I've lived in all my life, so really it's my parent's house, not his. I was 13 when their plane crashed, Rick was 18.

I turn to walk out of the room, but one of Rick's friends grabs my butt. I gasp and glare at him before storming out of the room. God, I just wanted to punch my brother right now. He was probably laughing about it. Argh!

Once I'm in my room, I go back to studying. I really had to get an A on this test. I'm trying to get into a good college, so if I get good grades, a good college is definitely a possibility.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I'm sitting in English basically pulling my hair out. I don't remember anything I studied last night and I'm nervous. It was a minute before the bell. In English, we have tables and chairs. Each table seats two people. My previous partner moved to California, so I sat alone.

"Morning class." The teacher walks in. "We have a new student today, so I decided to postpone the test until Wednesday. You're Welcome." The teacher says. Mr. Holmes is the best teacher at Rosewood High.

A boy with darkish blonde hair and greenish-blue eyes walks in. He was taller, probably 6 feet. He had a boyish smirk on his face, as if he knew all the girls were thinking about him and all the boys were envious of him.

This is what turned me off of him immediately. He knew he was good looking and he knew everyone else knew that too. He was the kind of guy I wanted to steer clear of.

"This is Will Wilson. Will why don't you tell us about yourself." Mr. Holmes says.

"Hey I'm Will. I moved here from New York City. I like long walks on the beach and love eating ice cream." You could basically feel the sarcasm of his words. The class laughs, excluding me.

"Alright Will, have a seat next to Norah there. Norah raise your hand so Will knows who you are." Great. I get the sarcastic pretty boy.

I raise my hand and do a little over here thing then put my hand down. I do not like this boy. At all.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay firsties!