I Love to Hate You

Doce!

Maybe getting a haircut was a bad idea. No one will stop staring at me today in school. I personally think the cut looks amazing, but maybe I'm alone with that thought. Maybe I still look like a bloated clown.

Rick liked it. He said it fit me well. I never thought I'd look good with straight-across bangs, but hey I do!

It's not even first period yet and I already feeling like an animal in the zoo! This is not going well.

When I walk into English, Will is talking to another girl with black hair and a very revealing shirt. It looks like she borrowed that shirt from her little sister or something.

I feel great. I'm wearing all new clothes and I think I look smoking hot! I even put on some eyeliner and mascara. So if people don't like it then they can stop looking!

Will looks towards the doorway I was standing in and I swear I see his jaw drop. He says something to the girl and goes to sit in his seat. Okay, that wasn't weird at all.

I take my seat and pull out my notebook. I acted as if I couldn't feel Will's eyes boring into my head. This kid is so obvious.

"Hey Norah. Your hair looks great!" Will compliments me. I've always been one to take compliments well, so I didn't freak out. But I kind of died on the inside. The Greek God complimented me! Yes! Score one for the Plain Jane!

"Awe, thanks Will. Glad you like it." I smile and begin drawing triangles and cubes.

"And I like your outfit. I didn't see you pick those out." Okay...why is Mr. Popularity suddenly so into me?

"Bought them after you left. I did a little more shopping."

"They look good. We should hang out today. Just chill, you know? No project for now." How pecilular. Since when was I one Mr. Hump and Dump's radar?

"Sure. Why don't we go to your house? We're still unpacking at mine." Well, I'm sure as hell not going to pass up a chance to hang out with the Greek God. Not that I want to do anything. Psh...

"Cool. Meet you at your locker."

So, today I got a lot of stares. And yes, I've always been vintage not so mainstream. But I couldn't help but love the looks. Now I know why cheerleaders and popular girls love their life. This is great!

I was sitting at the lunch table with a few friends when Courtney, head cheerleader, comes up to me.

"Hey Norah. I love your hair!" She says. Rosewood cheerleaders aren't like the cheerleaders you read about. In fact, the cheerleaders here are all really nice. They aren't snobby and jerkish.

I tried out for the squad and made it, but then I hurt my ankle and couldn't join. Try-outs were at the end of last school year.

"Thanks Courtney. I'm glad you like it." I smile. I get along with people, but I'm just too embarassed to bring them to my house with Rick there and all.

"Is your ankle better? We were really looking forward to having you on the team this year. The first game is coming up next week."

"My ankle healed great."

"Do you still want a spot on the team? Taylor broke her arm yesterday and had to quit." Taylor was the one who was talking to me yesterday.

"How did she break it?"

"Fell off a tree or something. But do you want the spot? We really need to fill it." I love our school.

"Definitely!" I did gymnastics for about eight years, up until my parents' accident. I quit after that.

"Great. Practice is tomorrow after school. In the gym! I'll let everyone on the squad know!"

Awesome. Today has been a great day. And after school I get to spend freetime with Will. I'm beginning to like life a lot more right now!
♠ ♠ ♠
A cheerleader? who would have guess?! I like this chapter. Is fun and light-hearted!