I Love to Hate You

Fifteen!

I didn't really know my way around over in the richer part of town. I had left Will staring after me. I really didn't want to deal with him, so I just left. I knew that he was following me around though. We had been walking, him ten feet behind me, for about an hour. He thinks he's being sneaky, I've known the whole time.

After another half-an-hour he finally speaks.

"Norah, just let me give you a ride home. You've been wandering for a long time. You're not even headed towards your house!" He calls, running up to me.

I just turn and walk in the other direction, towards my house. He sighs and catches up again.

"Norah...Norah! Will you listen to me?" He puts both hands on my shoulders and turns me towards him.

"What?" I snap, not looking him in the eyes.

"Norah, I'm sorry. Look at me." He tries to left my chin, but I swat his hand away.

"Don't touch me." I say, turning on a heel and walking away. He follows.

"Norah, let me give you a ride. You don't have to talk to me, or even look at me. But we're going to get sick out here." Did I mention that I ruined my jacket? Yeah, well I tripped and landed into a bush, where it got caught and ripped in half.

"Fine." I say, turning towards him. We start our journey back to his house.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The whole time I had been with Will, I didn't say one word to him. Not one. And he didn't try to say anything either. When he did though, I gave him the death stare. I've mastered that, by the way.

Slamming his car door, I wipe the rest of my tears away and go into the new house. I had cried the whole way home. Silent sobs that got caught in my throat and hitched my breathing. Will looked apologetic the whole time. He knew it was his fault. Mr. Popular is not a nice boy.

"Norah, what's wrong?" Rick comes up to me. This is the last thing I wanted to deal with.

"Nothing Rick, just stupid teenage stuff. Don't worry about it. Go back to your poker game." I say, I already knew he'd have friends over. Things were slowly going back to how they used to be.

"All right, shout if you need anything." And he went back.

I flop on my bed and fall asleep. I'd forget all about Will and just focus on my main goal right now. Cheerleading.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh snap. Will is in the dog-house!