I Love to Hate You

Dieciséis!

I was so happy that morning had finally come. I love sleep, don't get me wrong, but Will was sending me apologetic texts all night. It was really irking me. I mean, be a man and stop acting like a third grader. Obviously I didn't want to talk to him, so why does he keep trying?

I walk down the stairs happily. Today was cheer practice and I was super duper ober excited, times a dillion! Rick didn't seem to share my mood. He must be hung over or something. When I get to the kitchen, he's staring sulkily into a coffee cup.

"What's wrong Mr. Grumpy Gills?" I ask, getting out the Captain Crunch. Peanut Butter flavor of course!

"Hang over." Rick snaps, rubbing his temples, "Oh, I have to go on a business trip today. Around three. I'll be gone until next Friday." He adds. Great, I get the house to myself.

Did I mention the place was totally trashed? There were beer cans and wrappers everywhere. Plus boxes and boxes of stuff that needed to be unpacked. Looks like I know how I'm going to be spending my weekend.

"Alright. Be safe I guess." I say, kissing him the on cheek before leaving. I didn't want to be later to school.

When I get there, the parking lot is almost full. So I end up parking in the back and rushing to building. By the time I get to English, I'm fifteen minutes later. Joy.

"Miss Greggory, care to tell me why you're late?" Mr. Holmes asks.

"Sorry, I had to help my brother with a few things before he left today for a business trip." Too much info?

"Well, since you're late, you can tell us how you and Mr. Wilson are doing on your project." He motions for me to step in front of the class.

"All right then." I say nervously. "Well, Will and I decided to work on the present first, because it seemed the easiest." I see Will flirting with another girl, not even caring what I'm saying. So I decided to get his attention.

"Will is a complete player with no intentions of ever keeping a real relationship. Not that it matters to me. Because any girl who thinks that they actually have a chance with him is just plain oblivious. Oh, he also likes long walks on the beach and buying tampons for his mom." I wink and make the class laugh. Mr. Holmes suppress and smile and tells me to sit down.

Will was fuming at me. At least I got the Greek God's attention. Which was my plan all along. He was ready to chew me out for what I did when the phone rings.

Mr. Holmes answers it and motions for us to shut up. I was thankful that. Too bad Will doesn't ever listen.

"What the hell was that?" He whisper yells.

"Just spitting the truth Will. Does it hurt?"

"That was uncalled for!"

"Remember? I'm a frigid bitch who can't get any. So I might as well start acting like it." I wink at him. He rolls his eyes.

"I'm really sorry for that Norah, but you didn't have to humiliate me."

"You did it to me. Why not taste your own medicine?"

"Would buying you something make it up to you? Or me doing something for you in public?"

"Pick your poison William."

This ought to be interesting.
♠ ♠ ♠
Cheerleading practice next chapter. I can't wait to write it. It's going to be an interesting one!