I Love to Hate You

Nineteen!

The house is packed by the time we arrive. You could feel the bass from the speakers halfway down the block. I had butterflies in my stomach as our car inched closer. Was I really about to go to a party? It's pretty bad that this is my first party in high school. I'm a senior! I should have been to bunches of parties! I should have been drunk before. I should have tried all the non-addictive drugs! I'm mean, geez oh man!

"Norah! Hello? Earth to Norah!" I look over at Morgan. "Let's go!" Smiling, I step out.

Honestly, I felt pretty hot. I had on water-proof makeup, which I thought was weird when they were putting it on, but now I see why. I looked good in my bathing-suit, and I just found out Will was here. This was my night to shine. My night to make him realize that I'm awesome!

As we walk through the fence to the backyard Love Like Woe by the Ready Set comes on. Will is hanging around a bunch of his guy friends, drinking beer. I had a game plan. I would ignore him. Have fun, drink a little. Hang with my friends and flirt with the guys. I'd make him come to me. I'd make him want me. And boy oh boy did it work.

Who knew a girl like my could have sexual appeal? I'm pretty plain. I have soft hair and a pretty complexion, but that's about it. But tonight, at the party, all eyes were I'm me. Those exact eyes were wondering what I'd be doing next. Who would I talk to after that one guy. Would it be them? I loved the attention I was getting. And they just kept feeding my addiction.

"Hey Norah! Looking good." Spencer the running back and host comes over to me. I was sitting in a lawn chair. I still had on my shirt and shorts.

"Thanks Spence. Your party is awesome." I smile up at him. It was about eight thirty and the sun was going down.

"I'm glad you like it. Would you like a beer?" He asks.

"Sure." I follow him to the keg and get a cup. It burned as the first gulp went down my throat, but the drink got smoother as I took my sips.

"Let's go swimming." He says after my second cup. I had a little buzz going.

"Yep!"

I pull off my shirt, nice and slow just in case Will was looking. Then I step out of my shorts and go to the pool. I guess Spencer got distracted by something over by the bonfire, because he was now yelling at some guy.

I just stay by the side, everyone else in here was either messing around or making out.

"Hey Norah." Will swims up to me. He looked AH-MAZING. The water that was on his body was glistening in the setting sun. He looked hot.

"William. I was wondering if you were going to say hi to me." I smile at him. "Thank you, by the way, for the bear."

"It's my 'I'm sorry' present." He gives me a boyish smile.

"Well, here's my 'I forgive you' present." I lean in close, knowing Will will think I'm going to kiss him.

When we're only inches apart, I breathe a little in his face. Then I quickly move back and splash him, giggling the whole time. He looks confused for a few seconds, then splashes me back. This was the start to a full out splash war.
♠ ♠ ♠
OMFG! I am super excited to write this next chapter. It's going to be awesome. This one was going to the chapter with the shock in it, but I decided that it shouldn't be. No need to rush my dears.

Much Love,
Chel-Cee