I Love to Hate You

Veinticuatro!

I'm sitting at the edge of the ocean. The gentle waves lap my feet as the tide draws nearer. I was calm and tranquil. Nothing was wrong and I felt no pain. I knew I wouldn't be in this place forever, I could already feel myself being taken away from this little piece of heaven. But it was nice while it lasted.

I sigh as darkness falls over me. The ocean disappears and the white sand melts away. Any minute now I'd be waking up to the hectic world that I live in. The police would be asking questions, Rick would be freaking out, the nurses and doctors would be running test. Well, at least I'd be able to find out who shot me.

I slowly open my eyes, expecting the brilliant light to blind me like it did last time. The room was dark, the curtains were pulled and the lights dimmed. No one was sitting at my bedside or laying on the couch. There weren't any nurses scurrying about or doctors checking on me. I was alone and it scared me.

I jump when the door opens and a nurse walks in. She smiles brightly at me.

"Oh, you're awake. You gave everyone quite a scare." She says, picking up the clipboard.

"Where is everyone?" I ask, slightly hurt. I don't have a lot of friends, but I mean COME ON! No one is here?

"Dear, it's three in the morning. We sent your brother home to get some rest. You've been out for almost four days." She tells me, placing the clipboard back down. "Oh, and your boyfriend was here too. He's been here almost as much as your brother. You're quite popular sweetie. Having visitors almost every hour!"

"Really?"

"Yes dear. But you need rest, lots of rest. We'll go over everything in the morning." After putting some medicine in my IV bag, I begin to feel drowsy.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Ah, Miss Gregory! So glad to see you awake!" A tall, handsome doctor comes in the room. "The FBI would like to talk to you after I'm done, if that's alright." He tells me, looking concerned.

"That's fine." I need some answers man!

"Well, we had to undergo surgery on you, to try and take out the bullet. We were successful in patching up some punctured arteries. You had lost a lot of blood, but we still managed. Though, we couldn't remove the bullet. It won't do you any harm.

"You were also very dehydrated and famished, so we've been giving you vitamin supplement pills. We put a cast on your leg, the ankle was sprained the first time. But as you fell to the ground when you got shot you twisted it, causing it breaking. It'll have to be on for quite a while. It's a walking cast, so no crutches will be necessary."

"Damn." I say lowly. The doctor cracks a smile.

"You have stitches across you right cheek from the ring. You also have stitches down your left side from the surgery. That's about it."

"Well, I'm a downright train wreck, aren't I." I say jokingly.

"Yes, but you'll be okay. Alive and well!" The Doctor says. "The FBI will be in here momentarily. If, at any point, you start to feel weak or light-headed, call a nurse in immediately. You're still not at full health."

"Thank you."

It was time to get some things straight. Hopefully I'll find out who shot me. And what's happening to the Passenger and The Driver.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh man! Sorry for the cliffhanger. But, I'm posting again soon. so you'll find out next chapter!

If I could marry all of you commentators, I would. But that's against the law, seeming I'm only fifteen and you can only marry one person at a time. So, in two and a half years I'll marry one of you, then get a divorce, then marry another, and so on. Sound like a deal?