I Love to Hate You

Twenty-Seven!

I wasn't allowed to go to school for a week. The good thing is that the week passed quickly. The bad thing is now I only have a week until court. I have nightmares every night about the Passenger and the Driver, how am I going to be able to face them? I don't know if I can. And to make matters worse, I'm moving in two weeks. Rick found a house for us. He also managed to find a decent job and a school that I could finish my remaining year up at. It sort of sucks.

"Norah, can you drive to school today? Or do you want me to take you?" Rick asks, as I come into our kitchen.

"I'll be fine Rick. Thanks though." We had gotten closer since I've been back. It's comforting to know that he's always here for me.

Driving to school, I got nervous though. News travels fast here in Rosewood, so everyone already knows about my kidnapping. Some people brought food over. They said they were glad I was back. But Will never showed up. He never called me or sent me an email. I haven't heard from him since the party. By now I was quite sure the nurse had been delusional at the time.

I pull into my usual parking spot and cut the engine. My windows were tinted, so nobody could see my face. I had been crying halfway here because the medicine I take makes me get emotional of simple things. In this case it was Will.

People began to recognize my bright red truck and for the first time I hated the fact that I had a car that stood out. Wiping my tears, I gather my bag and papers for the school and step out. Some people come up and hug me, telling me they're glad I'm alive. Other told me how dead I looked on the news when we shot the video. The rest just stood there gaping and me and whispering to their friends.

They gawped at my stitches and bruises, which didn't heal at all. Thanking everyone for caring, I head up to the school. I didn't like this type of attention I was getting. The faster I got away from it, the better.

Once I leave the main office from giving them so stupid papers Rick filled out, I head to my locker. I past it once, then past it again. It took me a while to realize that the one with all the cards, letters, and stuffed animals was mine. I walk up to it and gently pull of the stuff. I'd read them when I got to class.

Stuffing the animals in my locker and pulling out my books, I head over to English. I had this class with Will, which probably meant that things were going to be awkward. Will wasn't there when I sat down, so I pulled out my cards and began reading them.

Most of them told me that they missed me and hoped I was safe. Some said that I deserved it and that if I died no one would care. A few said I was hot and I needed to get back here because they didn't stand a chance with anyone else. But one stood out among the rest. It was definitely Will who wrote it, because I know his terrible handwriting.

Dear Norah,

By the time you read this, I'll be gone. I left Rosewood and my family behind because I felt so guilty for what happened to you. If I would have stopped Courtney from saying those things, then you would be safe at home. When I saw you on the news, my guilt got the better of me. You looked helpless and dead. Your eyes, which were normally happy and full of life, looked pleading and hopeless. Then to see them hit you. I had to go, I couldn't face you when you got back. If you got back. If I found out you died, I'd never be able to live with myself. I'll call your phone sometime soon, just to see if you're okay. I'm sorry Norah, please don't hate me.

Love Will Wilson
P.S. I'm going to miss dancing with you.


Tears fell from my face as I left the classroom. I wasn't strong enough yet. I should have known that. And the fact that I just lost Will made things even worse.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, I just realized I've been doing my Spanish chapter names wrong. I have to go and fix ALL OF THEM. Let me know what you think of this chapter!

Psst, since I just updated this chapter title I'd thought I'd drop by and let you know I fix them all! please tell me your thoughts!