I Love to Hate You

Seis!

I woke up at three in the morning famished. I had fallen sleep after violently throwing myself on my bed. I even hit my arm really hard on the headboard and a huge bruise was already forming. Just my luck.

When I get to the kitchen, I check the dining room to make sure my brother had at least taken care of himself enough to go to bed at a decent time. He really wasn't a bad guy. But after our parents' death, he got the responsibility of taking care of me, the house, and himself. It was too much pressure and he cracked.

I put together a fine meal of a peanut butter sandwich, carrot sticks, a glass of milk, and some toast. It wasn't the healthiest thing to eat, but the carrot sticks were a nice touch.

I sit on the couch, I never sit in the dining room anymore, and eat my food in silence. I don't mind a comfortable silence. It gives me time to myself. I day-dream as I munch and chew.

Suddenly, a loud banging comes from the hallway. Startled, I spill the milk I was drinking and rush to my feet, nearly slipping on the spilled beverage. What the hell was that noise?

I see Rick laying on the ground sucking his thumb. The big baby was sleep-walking! I get a blanket from his room and cover him, then go and clean up the spilled milk.

~*~*~*~*~*~

I stare groggily at the inside of my locker. I was dead tired. It took me forever to get all the milk out of the carpet. Then I couldn't sleep because I was thinking about how much I hate and like Will. It was five minutes till the bell rang. I better hurry or I'm going to be late for English.

Will was flirting with the girl he gave the number to yesterday. I could tell she was enjoying every second of his attention. It's like she was getting pleasure by his words. Which she probably was.

I take my seat and rest my head on my books. I didn't want to do anything. I was seriously thinking about asking Rick to let me stay home this morning.

"Norah? Norah are you sleeping?" I look up to see Mr. Holmes and the whole class staring at me.

"Um...no?" I say, sitting all the way up. Oh boy.

"Norah, I'm going to let this slide. Don't do it again." He gives me a look before turning back to the board.

I've never fallen asleep in class before. Why was I acting so different now? Oh yeah, because Will was here and he was messing with my brain.

"Hey, we're still meeting in the library right? After school?" Will turns towards me. He looked extremely good with a tighter black shirt on and stone washed jeans. I mean...he looked clown-like...oh what the hell. Why am I lying? Will looked so yummy, I could just eat him!

"Yeah, that's cool." I say before zoning out.

Whoever this Will kid is, I don't want him messing with me anymore!
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay! It's almost five am, so I'm off to bed. I hope you all like the story so far! =]