I Love to Hate You

Seven!

I had taken a nap during lunch, so I was rested when I got to the library. Will was already sitting at a table, eating a sandwich. Why the hell does he have a sandwich?

"Hey." He says with a mouthful of bread when I sit down. His eyes were wide and he looked so innocent, not like a jerk at all. I couldn't help it, I had to giggle.

"You look funny." And cute. And adorable. And sexy...oh damn it.

He gulps down his food and gives me a boyish smile. See, this is the Will I didn't mind being around. The one who isn't trying to show off his looks.

'So, we're working on the future now?" Will takes another huge bite of the sandwich.

"I guess so. It's seems to be the easiest one to do." I say, pulling out my notebook. I'd better take notes.

After Will finishes his sandwich he says, "Well, when I finish High school I want to go to college to be a Mechanic engineer. Then I'm going to open my own Auto shop and fix cars for a living."

"I want to finish High School and go to college for teaching. I want to be a kindergarten teacher." I tell him.

"Why do you want to teach little kids? Their destructive!" Will exclaims. It was adorably annoying.

"I like little kids. Their so innocent and happy. All the time. Why wouldn't I?" I say, keeping my voice low since it's a library and the old lady behind the desk already gave us a look.

"Hmm, good answer." Will seems to think things over. "So, I guess that's enough for today." I look at my watch. It didn't feel like we've been here two hours.

"Okay. Where are we doing this tomorrow?"

"Your house."

~*~*~*~*~

I was sitting in my room studying around 8pm or so when Rick bursts through my door.

"Norah! Come on, there's a fire in the house!" Rick was breathing heavy and I could see the smoke pouring throughout the house.

I jump up and rush over to Rick. His eyes were red, as if he had already been in the smoke. He seemed genuinely concerned.

"Wait, put this over your face!" Rick throws me a washcloth.

We run through the house and are about to be out the front door when the bookshelf from the living room falls in our way. It's engulfed in flames. I let out a startled scream, but it was cut short. Smoke filled my lungs causing me to wheeze

"It's okay Norah!" Rick looks behind him, his eyes worried. "Come on, we can jump over it. The flames aren't that high!" Rick goes first, clearing the bookshelf unharmed.

I take a running start and barely make it. I was never much of an athlete. Ha, I couldn't even hit the ball in Wiffle-ball baseball in gym!

Fresh air fills my burning lungs. I couldn't breathe right, it hurt so bad. Rick was running to the next door neighbor's house to call 911. I collapse to the ground, my breaths labored and raspy. My chest felt charred.

My last conscious memory is a pair of legs running up to me. Then everything goes black.
♠ ♠ ♠
A fire oh no! What will happen? And whose legs were running to Norah's rescue? dun dun dun! I hope you like it!