Sequel: Fire
Status: Comment telling me which story laout you prefer: A = this layout and B = the old layout. I'd appreciate feedback :D

Earth

You've Changed.

"Don't come home pregnant!"

It wasn't exactly what Sayen Ravenhawk planned on telling her daughter when she first found out she was going to have a baby- five years ago when she was nineteen. She was twenty-four now and her daughter, once a mere toddler, was now almost a full grown woman. It was because of her father. Sayen never expected her beautiful, unique, daughter to come from such an odd and forbidden romance. Sayen hadn't been able to say no to the beautiful earthbound god. He was everything she'd dreamed about since she first heard the stories of the Cold Ones.

Growing up, she was a morbid child; in her mind that is. She knew the legend was real, that her tribe was descended from wolves and a few select people were Spirit Warriors. She could feel it, but knew no one would believe her. It was two weeks before her nineteenth birthday when she met him. His curly dark brown hair contrasted immensely with his flawless pale skin and golden eyes. She would always try to get her arms around his muscular body whenever she saw him, but it never worked.

He was taken, they both knew it, but neither of them cared. It was like they were the only two people on the Earth that mattered. Unfortunately, it proved true that it was only she who felt that way. As soon as she planned to tell him of her child, their child, he left her. He and his family moved, only to return two years later. He didn't come to see little Vivian.

Of course, little Vivian wasn't so little any more. In five years, she'd grown from the small infant Sayen had cradled to her chest, to the stunning teenager that stood, hands on hips, and eyes toward the ceiling. Vivian acted so human sometimes, that even Sayen forgot that she wasn't completely human; that she wasn't a dhampir. Vivian had no knowledge of her father, what she was, or that she was technically only five years old.

Sayen didn't know much about vampirekind, but she'd noticed that Vivian had no real perception of time during her childhood, and that her growth was slowing. She would be stuck at the physical appearance of an seventeen year old. That is, if Sayen's predictions were right. Sighing, she handed Vivian the keys to her birthday present. "I want you home by eleven, you hear me?"

"Yes, mom, I hear you loud and clear," Vivian said half commitedly, her hand twitching toward the door knob. Not realizing that her mother could hear her every word from the living room, she muttered, "It's kind of hard not to."

Pinching the bridge of her nose and squeezing her eyes shut, Sayen waited, holding her breath, as her daughter left. Sometimes Vivian got on her nerves, but she was her daughter. She loved Vivian no matter what she did. No one would believe that Vivian was her daughter, and, ever since she moved back to the Quileute reservation, they both agreed to avoid answering that question.

Sayen often wondered if her daughter questioned why she looked so young; why they looked so close in age. Still, Vivian never bothered to ask a question. Sayen knew that, someday, she would have to sit Vivian down and explain things to her. She would have to tell Vivian about the world that blended in with their own. She would have to tell her that her entire life was a lie. She would have to tell Vivian that she wasn't entirely human- that her father was a vampire.

Getting up, she went to the kitchen to make her self some supper. Vivian had a new boyfriend and, because she spent so much time at his house, she was often alone for most of the day. Sayen tried not to be too strict with her daughter. After all, it hadn't been that long ago when she was just like her. She was a teenager, a crazy hormonal one at that. She knew what it was like when you were in the moment and that, sometimes, things happened. It was how she got Vivian. The one and only time she'd had sex, she'd gotten pregnant.

It wasn't for lack of candidates, though, because almost every time she went out some guy was trying to get her number. She was somewhat pretty, she admitted that much to herself, but she wasn't that special. She sighed, looking around her relatively new home. She and Vivian had only moved here three months ago, and it still didn't feel completely like home.

After eating, she went upstairs to change into a pair of jeans and a red tank top. She slipped on her sandals and slid her cell into her pocket, just in case something happened and someone needed her. She grabbed the last set of keys from the hook - a pair that went to her dark green Pathfinder.

Sliding into her car, she drove to the one place she could get some thinking done. The grocery store. She had to buy more groceries anyway. Something told her she would need to make extra food very, very soon if things were getting as serious as she suspected between Vivian and her new boyfriend.

After putting the groceries in the back seat, she attempted to slide in her car and lost her footing, hitting the back of her head against her car door. She hissed, muttering more than a few obscenities, and a hot hand rested on her arm. "I think you're going to need some ice for that," a deep, husky voice said, amused.

The laugh of a little boy filled the near empty parking lot and Sayen blinked her eyes, letting her vision clear up. The man that stood over her wasn't exactly what she expected to find, but she could recognize him anywhere. She grew up being shoved into the sandbox and pushed off swings by him. In fourth grade, he'd put gum in her hair and almost all of her gorgeous black hair had to be chopped off. "Paul?" she asked, surprised, as she allowed the amazingly fit and tall man bring her to her feet.

His dark brown eyes were wide with what seemed like shock and there was something that in them that made her entire body lock up. The world ceased to exist- nothing mattered to her besides Paul Saconi. Well, until a hand tugged on her pants leg. She blinked, looking down at a little dark haired boy with adorable dimples, wavy black hair, and chocolate brown eyes. "What's wrong wif my daddy?" he asked.

Sayen knelt and scooped the little boy up. Paul was the last person she expected to settle down with someone, let alone have a child. Growing up, he just wasn't the kind of guy to do that. "Hey, sugar, what's your name?"

"Grant, but Daddy calls me Pup," the boy grinned and stretched his arms toward Paul, who grabbed him and squeezed him tight before looking back down at Sayen.

He extended his hand and said, "You've changed, SaySay, a lot."

Sayen's cheeks flooded with color. "Erm, you have too, Paul." She looked at her phone and her eyes widened. Where had the time gone? Vivian would be home any second. "Right, well, it was nice meeting you."

"Same. You planning on having a cook out?" he asked, jerking his head in the direction of her back seat.

Laughing she shook her head, "No. My daughter's boyfriend will probably be coming over soon, I just wanted to be prepared." Sayen's eyes widened and her hand clamped over her mouth. "I- I mean, um, well...See you around."

Fuck, fuck, fuckity, fuck, fuck!

She just screwed everything up!