Sequel: Fire
Status: Comment telling me which story laout you prefer: A = this layout and B = the old layout. I'd appreciate feedback :D

Earth

SaySay

Paul's hands trembled slightly as he paced his kitchen. He'd gone back and forth so many times, very light wears were visible on the tile floor. He looked over at Grant and gave a sad smile. He loved his son to death and back, but it hurt sometimes to look at him. He looked a lot like his mother, Rachel Black. Shaking his head, he grabbed a beer from the fridge and went to sit in the living room.

Grant grabbed the remote from him and turned it to Nickolodeon.

Paul shook his head, chuckling. His kid was definitely smart. He knew how to work a computer better than Paul himself did. Rachel always said that Grant was going to be the next Bill Gates. Sighing, Paul nestled further into the couch. It hurt to think about her. Everyone said that imprints couldn't resist their imprinter. That was ridiculous. Now that he thought about it, he wasn't so sure Rachel was his imprint. Yes, he felt everything the legends said he would feel. He felt everything Sam felt when he looked at Emily. That left one question open and it wasn't a surprise either: Sayen.

Sayen Ravenhawk had always, always, been the odd ball. When everyone wore leather and ripped jeans, she was prancing around in a floral skirt and peasant blouse being Miss Flower Power. When people started to follow her style, she went to glitz and glam - something no one expected. Then again, if Paul remembered correctly, that's how she was. Unpredictable. He smiled in spite of himself. He hadn't seen the girl in five years since she took off without a warning. "Grant, you want to go visit aunt Emily?" Paul inquired.

"Claire be there, right Daddy?" Grant asked.

Paul nodded. Grant was going to give Quil a run for his money. At least that way Claire wouldn't have to worry about her boyfriend getting arrested for sex with a minor. Grant and Claire would be in the same age group, whereas Quil would be fifteen years older than her. He was thankful Grant decided he wanted to go to Emiliy and Sam's. As much as he loved his son, he needed a little time to himself. He hated Spongebob, Wow Wow Wubzy, and worst of all, Yo Gabba Gabba.

Leah gave him an empathetic smile before slinking into the forest where she began her shift for patrols. Never in a million years would he have suspected he and Leah would be on civil terms, much less be like brother and sister. Part of him wondered if they were related. After all, his Dad did have an affair, but that just made it all the more simpler for Embry to be his brother.

He plugged his ears with the ear buds that connected to his scratched up blue iPod. He sat on the shore of Second Beach in La Push, letting his mind wander. He had come here every day since he could remember. It was like nothing could touch him here. Nothing but....

The air left his lungs as he saw the relatively tall figure that was walking beside a light russet skinned figure. Both of them were female and both were obviously related. Sayen had a sister? Wasn't that the chick that Embry was seeing? He was motionless as they approached. Sayen smiled at him and he took out one of his ear buds. "You still come here?" she asked, sounding only half interested.

He nodded anyway. "Yeah. Hey Vi, I didn't know you and SaySay were related."

Vivian and Sayen exchanged looks before the young girl replied with, "Mhm. She's practically my mother."

He watched as Sayen elbowed Vivian in the ribs. "So what have you been up to lately? Your gang's been roaming around like lost puppies without you," he said. Back in high school, you rarely saw her without her four guys and her best girl friend, Tia.

"You were in a gang?" Vivian exclaimed. "Oh, hell. Was Dad in one too?"

Sayen's expression darkened. "No Dad wasn't in a gang. And neither was I. We were just rebels- free spirits. You know, kind of like teenagers today. And watch your language."

"Yes, Mom," Vivian said dramatically, rolling her eyes.

Paul's heart began to palpitate as Sayen took a seat on the sand beside him. "You have a cell phone?" she asked him. He nodded and fished his out of his pocket. Quickly, she dialed a number that was only vaguely familiar and waited for the person to pick up. "Jack police cars and start a riot," she said, smiling.

"We're born bad, we don't try to fight it! Damn, girl, where have you been? La Push is so boring."

"Ah, about that...I moved back," Sayen tensed as if expecting Tia to come through the phone and strangle her.

"What?! Oh hell no, Remi! David! SaySay's back!"