Sequel: Fire
Status: Comment telling me which story laout you prefer: A = this layout and B = the old layout. I'd appreciate feedback :D

Earth

Truth...At least, Some of It.

"Are you sure you want to do this?"

Sayen looked over at her daughter's concerned expression. She trusted Tia, Remi, and David with her life and they trusted theirs to her. Even though she'd grown up more than they had, they were still best friends. No, it was more than that really. It was like they were family. "I'm positive," she whispered back. Vivian nodded to her and went to sit at the kitchen island.

Remi, Tia, and David looked at her expectantly as they ate some of her famous baked lemon chicken. Sayen frowned and moved to refill their empty glasses with more iced tea. They nodded appreciatively, but David swallowed and said, "So are you going to introduce us or what?"

Sayen and Vivian shared a look before Sayen nodded. "Right. Guys, this is my daughter, Vivian."

Tia laughed. "Daughter? Sweety, maybe you've been taking one too many hits."

Sayen shook her head. "No, I've never done drugs, Tia. What I'm about to tell you is one hundred percent confidential. If anyone, and I do mean anyone, finds out that you know this, its likely you're going to die."

"What's going on?" Remi questioned, putting his fork down.

After a nod from her mother, Vivian went to lock all the doors and windows, drawing the curtains closed over each of them. She came back downstairs and stood next to her mother. Sayen sighed. "Vivian was born five years ago, three months after I stopped seeing that mystery guy you always questioned me about. Her father is a vampire. He's just one of many, many vampires. Only, his family is different. They feed off the blood of animals. Its why their eyes are golden instead of red."

"Vampires?" David raised an incredulous eyebrow.

"Have you ever been to Forks? Have you seen a family with pale skin and all of them are too beautiful for words?" Sayen started.

Tia, Vivian, Remi, and David all stiffened and looked at her with wide eyes. "The Cullens?"

"Emmett Cullen, the one with the curly hair, is Vivian's father. Neither of knew that vampires and humans could have children together. Of course, he didn't even know that I was pregnant. He left before it began to show - before I could tell him. For three months, I grew and grew, and my appetite became weird. I craved blood, but I didn't drink. I settled for medium rare steaks and it seemed to suit Vivian just fine. Her birth was kind of a blur because I was in so much pain. I felt like my bones were breaking, that much I remember. I think...I think someone else was there but I can't remember who...Anyway, once I realized how fast Vivian would grow, I had to leave. Up until three months ago, we've been roaming around the surrounding states," Sayen explained.

"Is that why we moved so much?" Vivian asked.

She nodded, "Before my mom died, she had called me. She said that the Cullens had moved back to Forks. I haven't stepped foot out of La Push because I'm afraid his family is going to know she exists. His wife will try to kill her and his family will ostracize him."

"And? The bastard deserves it! Deserting you like that! I know what its like to grow up without a father and Vi shouldn't have too," Remi ranted.

"Why does she look so old though, if she's only five?" Tia asked.

Sayen bit her lower lip nervously as she smoothed her daughter's hair back away from her face. "I have a couple of theories but none I can prove without talking to Carlisle. Unfortunately, none of them but Alice and Edward know about me and I refuse to talk to them."

"How do we know you aren't making this up?" David asked, still skeptical.

Sayen sighed heavily. "She's half vampire. Even though she doesn't crave blood as strongly as vampires do, it still will affect her. Watch," she commanded, taking one of the knives from its block and grimacing as she sliced a small line across her palm.

Vivian inhaled and involuntarily took a step forward. Her body tensed up and her eyes watched the scarlet line form and drip to the linoleum floor. Shaking her head, she grabbed a dish cloth from the counter and wrapped it around her mother's hand. "I guess it explains why my past is a blur, or why I have no social security card, birth certificate, etcetera..," she responded with a sigh as she plopped down on the high kitchen stool.

"Your secret is safe with us, SaySay," Remi said, kissing her forehead and putting his dishes in the sink.

"Ditto," Tia and David said. Tia rolled her eyes. "Sometimes I really hate being your twin," she added.

Sayen smiled at her friends. "I love you guys!" she exclaimed.

"Aw, we love you too, baby girl," the exclaimed in unison, but Vivian's eyes were misted and her shoulders were slumped. Without warning, she stood up and walked right out the door. Sayen frowned as her baby left. As much as she hated to keep secrets from her daughter, some things were meant to be kept hidden. Unfortunately, her true nature wasn't.