Sequel: Fire
Status: Comment telling me which story laout you prefer: A = this layout and B = the old layout. I'd appreciate feedback :D

Earth

All Right

Sayen glanced at her daughter from across yard. She was glad that Vivian had found someone that loved her. Though they hadn't out right told her, she knew they were in love. She'd seen that look before. Once; her father and looked at her mother that way. Still, she felt lonely. Sure, Embry's friends were nice and welcoming, but she didn't know any of them and none of them seemed to want to get to know her.

She let out a quiet sigh and closed her eyes, resting the back of her head against the large Oak tree. "Sayen, right?" a female voice asked.

Sayen jumped, her hand flying to her chest to calm it down. She hadn't heard anyone come up. "Um, yes. You're...Leah, right?" she asked.

The young woman smiled and nodded, taking a seat beside her. "Yep, that's me. You don't seem to be having a good time," she guessed.

Sayen blushed, "It isn't that. It's just-"

Leah laughed quietly, "You feel a little awkward?"

Nodding, Sayen blushed harder.

Leah shook her head. "You aren't the only one, but its about to get a little less quiet."

"And why is that?" Sayen asked.

As if on cue, the back door flew open and two figures came racing outside. One of them was the little boy she'd seen at the grocery store. Grant. The other was Paul, and he was shirtless. Sayen's heart rate increased as she watched him chase his son around. Dayum, she thought.

Leah laughed. "Find something you like?" she teased.

Sayen nudged her, blushing. "Stop that."

"Paul! Come here for a second!" Leah shouted.

As soon as he turned around, Sayen's entire world seem to fade into nothing. The air left her lungs and her vision focused on Paul. Though she tried to look away, she was unable to. His dark brown eyes stayed locked on hers as he crossed the yard and came to a stop in front of the young women. Sayen blinked and leaned back to look him in the face. He was massively tall. "SaySay!" he exclaimed, lifting her into the air and spinning her around.

After a yelp of surprise, she laughed and squirmed, "If people were meant to be in the air, we'd have wings. Put me down Paul Saconi, or I'll shove dirt in your face!" she exclaimed. He laughed and dropped her. She landed on her behind with a muffled, "Oof!"

"You know each other?" Leah asked. It was clear she already knew the answer.

Paul rolled his eyes. "Yeah, actually." He smirked. "I think the last time you threatened me, you got a face full of dirt yourself."

Sayen glared. "Yeah, and a scrape or two, jerk off, pushing me off the swing set like that. I could've broken my arm," she grumbled, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Aw, cry me a river," Paul said, pouting.

Sayen smirked. "If I do, you promise you'll go drown in it?"

Leah slapped her knee as she laughed so hard she fell over. She panted and wiped her face of the tears. "Oh, oh, wow. Yeah, I'm just gonna go this way. Sayen, we should definitely hang out sometime."

Sayen waved at the young girl that walked away. With a yawn, she patted the spot on the grass next to her. Paul plopped himself down and brought one knee up, resting his arm on it. "Well? What have you been up to?" she asked.

He shrugged his shoulders and scratched his scruffy chin. "Not much really. Past five years have been pretty uneventful," he reported.

Sayen rolled her eyes. "I highly doubt the birth of that darling boy over there is uneventful," she said, pointing at Grant, who was bouncing a ball with a tall boy she remembered to be Seth Clearwater.

Paul gave her a sad smile. "No, he's probably one of the best things that's happened in five years."

"I can see that- in how you look at him, I mean. What happened to his mother?" Sayen asked.

Paul stiffened and she froze, afraid she'd just stuck her foot in her mouth. She went to apologize, but he shook his head somehow knowing what she was about to say. "No, its fine. Rachel...She's not around."

"Ah, sorry. You're a good man, I can see that, so don't be so sad. If its meant to be, she'll realize her mistake in leaving such an amazing man and adorable, charismatic, boy," Sayen said quietly, hoping he wouldn't hear.

He heard. Paul swallowed the rock in his throat. "Thanks, that means a lot to hear somebody say that. I usually get the 'things will be better' and 'everything happens for a reason' speech."

She laughed. "I've heard that plenty of times. Maybe things do happen for a reason, but it doesn't make the pain go away, does it?" She shook her head, feeling her eyes begin to sting. She knew how intense the pain was when she realized that Emmett had used her, and that he never planned on leaving Rosalie. Maybe he was telling the truth when he said he loved her, but it wasn't enough. Vivian didn't have a father because of him. She shook her head, coming back to the present.

"Not really, but things are going to get better, I think," Paul whispered.

She gave him a sad smile and elbowed him. "My cell number hasn't changed, so you can always call if you need somebody to talk to," she said.

"Thanks," Paul said.

Grant came barreling forward, clutching a Nerf football close to his chest as he ran from Jared. He tripped over his feet and, faster than she thought possible, Paul rushed forward and caught his son before he hit his head on the ground. Grant giggled breathlessly, "Whoa! Tanks, Daddy!" he exclaimed.

Paul laughed at his son's wide eyed expression. "No problem, Pup, why don't you sit here with SaySay while I get you something to eat?"

"Okay!" Grant exclaimed. When Paul was gone, he turned to Sayen. "Are you an angel?"

Sayen blushed furiously, something she found herself doing a lot lately. "No, sweetheart, I'm not an angel."

"You sure? 'Cause aunty Lee Lee and Daddy always talkin' bout how you-"

Paul sat down with three plates balanced on his arms. One of them he gave to Grant and the other to Sayen. She thanked him and sat back against the tree. As she ate, she looked at her daughter with a sad smile. She was growing up fast. It would only be a matter of time before she stopped growing. They would have to move then, and she would have to leave Paul. Worst of all, she would have to leave without getting the chance to see him again - Emmett. "You okay?"

Sayen looked over at Paul and gave him a forced smile. "Yeah. I'm fine."