Status: I am a terrible human being who went on hiatus without telling anybody! But I'm back now and writing more for you wonderful people!

In Her Eyes Lies Her Heart

King's Cross Station

The next morning was hectic. Amos Diggory used flu powder to tell Mr. Weasley that Mad-Eye Moody was in trouble again for attacking his trash cans. So Mr. Weasley bade them all a quick farewell.
“I’d better hurry—you have a good term boys,” said Mr. Weasley to Harry, Ron, and the twins, fastening a cloak over his shoulders and preparing to dissaparate. “Molly, are you going to be all right taking the kids to Kings Cross?”
“Of course I will,” she said. “You just look after Mad-eye, we’ll be fine.”
As Mr. Weasley vanished, Bill, Charlie and Eve entered the kitchen. Harry noticed that Bill was not standing near Eve, and he seemed to be avoiding looking in her direction.
“Did someone say Mad-eye?” Eve asked. “What’s he been up to now?”
“He says someone tried to break into his house last night,” said Mrs. Weasley.
“Mad-eye moody?” said George thoughtfully, spreading marmalade on his toast. “Isn’t he that nutter—“
“Your father thinks very highly of Mad-eye Moody,” said Mrs. Weasley sternly.
“Yeah well, Dad collects plugs, doesn’t he?” said Fred quietly as Mrs. Weasley left the room. “Birds of a feather…”
“Moody was a great wizard in his time.” said Bill.
“He’s an old friend of Dumbledore’s isn’t he?” said Charlie.
“Dumbledore’s not what you’d call normal, though, is he?” said Fred. “I mean, I know he’s a genius and everything…”
“The line between genius and insanity is a thin one,” said Eve, smiling slightly as she made an egg, bacon, and marmalade sandwich.
"Who is Mad-eye, anyway?" Asked Harry.
"He's retired, used to work at the ministry," said Charlie. "I met him once when Dad took me in to work with him. He was an Auror – one of the best… A dark wizard catcher," he added, seeing Harry’s blank look. "Half the cells in Azkaban are full because of him. He made himself loads enemies, though… The families of people he caught, mainly… And I heard he’s been getting really paranoid in his old age. Doesn't trust anyone anymore. Sees Dark wizards everywhere. "
“Wouldn’t you?” said Eve. “Considering that those family members are just as Dark, and more dangerous, since they were clever enough to escape capture themselves.”
“Or they are just better liars,” said Charlie thickly, through a mouthful of breakfast.
Bill, Eve, and Charlie decided to come and see everyone off at Kings Cross station, but Percy, apologizing most profusely, said that he really needed to get to work.
"I just can't justify taking more time off at the moment," he told them. “Mr. Crouch is really starting to rely on me."

"Yeah, you know what, Percy?" said George seriously. "I reckon he’ll know your name soon."
Mrs. Weasley had braved the telephone in the village post office to order three ordinary mobile taxis to take them into London.
"Arthur tried to borrow Ministry cars for us," Mrs. Weasley whispered to Harry as they stood in the rain-washed yard, watching the taxi drivers heaving six heavy Hogwarts trunks into their cars. "But there weren’t any to spare….Oh dear, they don't look happy, do they?"
Harry didn't like to tell Mrs. Weasley that Muggle taxi drivers rarely transported over-excited owls, and Pigwidgeon was making an earsplitting racket. Nor did it help that a number of Filibuster’s Fabulous no heat, wet start fireworks went off unexpectedly when Fred's trunk sprang open, causing the driver carrying it to yell with fright and pain as Crookshanks clawed his way up the man’s leg.
The journey was uncomfortable, owing to the fact that they were jammed in the back of the taxis with their trucks. Crookshanks took quite a while to recover from the fireworks, and by the time they entered London, Harry, Ron, and Hermione were severely scratched. They were very relieved to get out at Kings cross, even though the rain was coming down harder than ever and they got soaked carrying their trunks across the busy road and into the station.
Harry was used to getting on platform 9 3/4 by now. It was a simple matter of walking straight through the apparently solid barrier dividing platforms nine and ten. The only tricky part was doing it in an unobtrusive way, so as to avoid attracting Muggle attention. They did it in groups today; Harry, Ron, and Hermione (the most conspicuous, since they were accompanied by Pigwideon and Crookshanks) went first; they leaned casually against the barrier, chatting unconcernedly, and slid sideways through it… And as they did so, platform 9 3/4 materialized in front of them.
The Hogwarts express, a gleaming scarlet steam engine, was already there, clouds of steam billowing from it, through which the many Hogwarts students and parents on the platform appeared like dark ghosts. Pigwidgeon became noisier than ever in response to the hooting of many owls through the mist. Harry, Ron, and Hermione set off to find seats, and were soon stowing their luggage in a compartment halfway along the train. Then they hopped back down onto the platform to say goodbye to Mrs. Weasley, Bill, Eve, and Charlie.
"I might be seeing you all sooner than you think," said Charlie, grinning, as he hugged Ginny goodbye.
"Why?” said Fred keenly.
"You'll see, "said Charlie. “Just don't tell Percy I mentioned it… It's ‘classified information, until such time as the ministry sees fit to release it,’ after all. "
"Yeah, I sort of wish I were back at Hogwarts this year," said Bill, hands in his pockets looking almost wistfully at the train.
"Why?" said George impatiently.
"You're going to have an interesting year," said Bill, his eyes twinkling. “I might even get time off to come and watch a bit of it…"
“A bit of what?” said Ron, trying to wheedle something out of his brothers.
Harry looked around for Eve, and found her some ways off, gazing at the train somewhat apprehensively. He began to go to her, to ask if she knew what was happening at Hogwarts. But at that moment, the whistle blew, and Mrs. Weasley chivvied them towards the train doors.
"Thanks for having us to stay, Mrs. Weasley," said Hermione as they climbed on board, closed the doors, and leaned out of the window to talk to her.
"Yeah, thanks for everything, Mrs. Weasley, "said Harry.
"Oh, it was my pleasure, dears, "said Mrs. Weasley. "I'd invite you for Christmas, but… Well, I expect you're all going to want to stay at Hogwarts, what with… One thing and another."
"Mum!” said Ron, irritably. "What d’you three know that we don't?"
"You'll find out this evening, I expect," said Mrs. Weasley, smiling. "It's going to be very exciting – mind you, I'm very glad they change the rules –"

"What rules?" said Harry, Ron, Fred, and George together.
"I'm sure Professor Dumbledore will tell you… Now, behave, won't you? Wont you, Fred? And you, George?"
The Pistons hissed loudly and the train began to move.
"Tell us what’s happening at Hogwarts!" Fred bellowed out of the window as Mrs. Weasley, Bill, and Charlie sped away from them. "What rules are they changing?"
But Mrs. Weasley only smiled and waved. Before the train had rounded the corner, she, Bill, and Charlie had dissaparated. Eve remained, still following the train with her scarlet eyes, and then she too vanished.
♠ ♠ ♠
Not much about Eve here, I'm afraid, but soon!
44 readers, 8 subscribers, 11 comments!
As usual, feel free to comment/message me if you have and questions or concerns, or even an idea for a fun scene :)
Please keep reading and subscribe!