Animal I Have Become

Sweet dreams

James Potter looked at his reflection in the train window for what seemed like the hundredth time. He would ruffle his hair only for it to fall into the exact same place it started in. He then went onto practise his many different smiles(each on as corney as the last). James Quickly stopped this, noticing Sirius was staring at him with an eyebrow raised and an expression of deep dissatisfaction.
"You do know Lily’s not around don't you?" Said Sirius
"Not yet she's not, i don’t want to accidentally bump into her looking like a prat who hadn’t bothered to comb his hair this morning do i?!"
"No your right because right now you most definitely do not look like a prat that's for sure" Sirius scoffed and couldn’t help but smile at how hard James tried year after year to win over Lily Evans. Usually James had no problem getting a date . His handsome features made it easy to get a girl to fall head over heels for him. Lily however was different. Lily was clearly unimpressed by looks, intelligence ,,flowers, letters , poems and in some drastic cases Jame's love songs. The one person James had ever had real feelings for (although James didn’t like to use the word feelings) didn’t like him back and not knowing why drove him crazy and even more determined to change her mind.
James scowled and forcefully opened up the Daily prophet turning his attention to a crossword.
His eyes watched the crossword clue but his mind wondered to his imaginary world he created holding Lily in his arms standing outside a huge 3 story house in the country with they’re kids running around the grounds with smiles on they’re faces. It looked like a scene from a cheesy sitcom from the 50's. James hadn’t noticed that his eyes were no longer looking at the paper he was holding in front of him but instead they were stairing into space.
Sirius clicked his fingers at Jame's awakening him from his cheery day dreams.
"For god sake, you betetr not be going all lovely dovey in your old age James, She's not worth all this fuss over , she's just a silly girl."Said Sirius
"yeah... yeah she's probably not interested in me anyway"
Sirius sniggered again "Well i think we established that a while ago James, i mean she absolutely hates you, just looking at you makes her literally want to vom-"
"Yes thank you Sirius!!" Said James through gritted teeth then turning his attention to the window once again.
The day light slowly became a dreary Grey before disappearing completely under the black night sky.
Outsidethe ripples in the lake reflected the flickering stars and half moon from up above.. The black silhouette of trees stood swaying in the bitter breeze almost touching the slow pacing clouds.
Up further along on top of the rocky hills sat the darkened grounds of Hogwarts School of witchcraft and wizardry.
The Hogwarts students were in awe as they looked at the beautiful seen before them. The first years were especially excited.
“Another year aye” Said Sirius with a sigh
“Yup , and what a long year its going to be. You do realize we have our O.W.Ls this year don’t you?
Sirius let out a much more outrages sigh
“Well that’s just great” Said Sirius sitting back in the chair with his arms crossed
“Mmmmh well on the up side I suppose I could persuade Lily to tutor me” James said this while while tapping his chin with his fingers in though.
Sirius whacked James over the head with the rolled up Daily Prophet
James wasent impressed and checked his hair again to see if Sirius had done any damage.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image