Animal I Have Become

Luna

The potions class had come to an end and all the students ran for the door desperate to leave the gloomy dungeons. Everyone except Remus Lupin that is. He didn’t seem to have notice the empty classroom around him. He was far to busy and indulged in an old tattered book. His eyes scanned the words closely.
“What’s that your reading?” Remus jumped at he noticed Sirius standing over him and then had a small coughing fit.
Sirius continuously hit his back.
“Sorry, did I scare you?” said Sirius with a grin when Remus had finally stopped coughing.
“uh, no no not at all I’ve just been ill recently and You wouldn’t be interested in the book im reading ,It’s really quite boring” Remus hoped that would be the end of the conversation and Sirius would loose interest and leave but Sirius pushed the topic further.
“It cant be that boring, your always reading it” Sirius grabbed the book from Remus. He turned to the front cover.
“Hmm… the Transylvanian hypothesis by Delilah Dorewick.” read Sirius with a raised eyebrow
“Like I said it’s boring you wouldn’t be interested. Please just give it back” Remus tried to grab the book back from Sirius but he continued to skim through the book oblivious to how tense Remus had become.
“What’s it about?”
Remus sighed in defeat and began to explain
“Well, It’s Physiological theory. It suggests that certain behaviour in humans can be triggered because of stages within the earths Luna cycle. Many years ago they thought the cause of mental illness and insanity was all to do with the moon. It’s pretty fascinating really when you think about it ,don’t you think?”
Sirius had never heard so many words come from Remus’s mouth but nodded his head politely.
“Yeaaah I suppose it is interesting if you like that sort of thing. I didn’t know we had divination homework though?”
“Oh no we don’t. This is just some light reading”
“I see” Sirius began to laugh. “You’re an odd one Remus”
“…You thing I’m odd?” Said Remus trying not to sound downhearted
“Don’t worry it’s not a bad thing. The best people are always the odd ones. Take James for example. You don’t get more mental than him” Sirius sniggered
“He seems quite normal to me. Everyone seems too like him.”
“Yeah well they don’t know the real James who prances around daydreaming about marrying Lily. Its actually quite disgusting and makes me want to puke!.”
Remus smiled and looked down at his book
“So when are you going to start teaching me how to produce a patronus then!” Asked Sirius
“…Teaching you what?”
“Yeah that patronus you did the other day , my face was like this…”
Sirius opened his mouth and eyes as wide as possible to show how shocked he was.
Remus laughed but was slightly embarrassed.
“urm, its really not that difficult. Im sure if you read a few books on the subject it would tell you”
“naah I’ve never been that into books personally. I’ll learn much faster if you teach me! How about you show me how to do it tomorrow. Ill meet you in the courtyard at 1 o‘clock!”
“Well uh….” Remus didn’t know how to get out of this without being impolite.
“Great I’ll see you then” Sirius smiled , picked up his books and left the classroom.
Once he had left Remus sighed , picked up his own books and left for the library where he would be alone and safe once again.
♠ ♠ ♠
DEATHLY HALLOWS IS OUT!
Image