I'm Not Afraid Anymore

The Choice

Helenas POV:

As I disappeared into the dark I understood it was over. My hunt for him was over. It was time for me to leave him alone. My self-discipline has been tested really hard tonight and I must admit I’m pretty proud of myself. Even though Frank blood was all over his neck and his wonderful scent hit my nose, I didn’t kill him. But the thirst wouldn’t go away by itself; I knew that, so I went to downtown New York to hunt.

The streets were almost empty, the only ones out were teenagers, teenagers without a home I guess or teenagers with a home filled with problem. They were sitting on the sidewalk, talking. When I walked past them I caught one of the girls attention and she focused her eyes on me. Her eyes were deep brown and were rimmed with black eyeliner. During that moment I could see her whole life in my mind. She was from a broken home, her parents divorced after her brother was born. Her mom struggled for a good childhood for both of them but the damage was already done. The girl became depressed and thought that the divorce were her fault. When she turned 16 she ran away from home. She hitched a ride to New York and here she was. Sitting on a sidewalk with her other broken hearted friends! It’s been a year since she left home and she is closer to death than ever in her life. I knew it and she knew it as well. Before I could hear anything else, she looked away and her thoughts disappeared into the discussion. I didn’t take anymore notice of them, considering they weren’t one of my victims. Not that I take much interests in them anyway. I looked around for a bar or lonely people, but the luck was not on my side tonight, so I headed home again, postponing my hunt for tomorrow.

”Friday”

Rain…

I love rain! That means it’s to cold for the sun to come out and to warm for it to snow. It’s perfect for me. I didn’t have work today so the most important thing on my list right now was; blood! I took one last glance in the mirror and headed out to hunt. First I went to the nearest park but it would be too obvious in daylight so I kept walking. I looked around, waiting for my victim to show it self. The hours went by and I couldn’t find anyone. I walked back too the park and sat down on a bench, searching for a victim. And that’s when I saw it. A lonely women and her dog walked past me, I stood up and followed her. When we were outside anyone reach I prepared myself and just when I was about to kill her, my phone rang. She turned around and I was no longer able to surprise her. ”Fuck, I will never get a chance to feed today!” I took up my phone and answered it.

“What!” I said in an irritated voice.

“Oh you sound grumpy today” her voice said. I relaxed a bit. It was just Alice. Wait a minute... Alice!

“Hello! Did you hear what I said?” her voice broke my day dream.

“No sorry what did you say?” she sighed and said again and this time I was paying attention.

“What time are you coming over? I need your help picking out an outfit for tonight.” ”No I can’t come over, I’ll kill you if I do”

“Erm… I can’t come over.” I couldn’t come up with anything else.

“Helena please! My stupid boyfriend doesn’t have a good taste in clothes, so please please Helena! Plus you need to get your backstage pass before we go!” I tried to find an answer that said no, but all I thought were ”She’s an easy kill! Do it!” and I couldn’t resist anymore.

“Okay, I’ll be over in 10 minutes!”

“Oh thank you Helena. See you in a bit” she answered and then hung up.

I sighed and started walking to her place. While I was walking I thought about the best way to kill her.
10 minutes later I was at her door. I knocked and she opened and dragged me in. I closed the door and looked around her apartment. Her boyfriend was here to. ”Oh I’m so sorry Alice. I couldn’t believe what I was about to do. All my life I have been surrounded by friends and family and they meant so much to me but now I have to kill everyone close to me, just so no one else gets hurt.
Alice came back out in to the hall with a new part of clothes.

“What do you think?” she looked at me and smiled. I took a step forward and then looked into her eyes.

“I’m so sorry Alice!” was all I said. Her smile faded and her face became a question mark. Before she said anything I withdrew my lip and showed her my weapon. She looked up at me again and a small tear escaped her eye. I closed my eyes and took her head into my hands. A moment later her neck was broken beyond repair. She didn’t feel a thing. I walked into the living room and did the same to him. I left after an hour. My thirst was no longer there and I was ready to go to the venue. I took my backstage pass and left my friend to be taken care of by the angels.

My focus was now on to get to the concert and enjoy it before I left.
I got there a half hour before they opened the doors to the venue. I took place in one of the lines and waited. As I waited I looked around, watching random people talking, laughing with their friends. They all seemed so happy; it was like they had no care in the whole wide world. I wonder to myself if they knew that the world they live in is just a fake. It will not last forever. They will be forced to move into the real world soon enough. The cold and dark world that keeps me its prisoner and forces me to be its devil. I hated it! I wanted to leave. I wanted to go back to my old, mortal life! I want to be able to have friends and be able to make new friends without the need to kill them! I hated this life! I despised it! I wanted out.

The 30 minutes was up and the door opened. I walked inside and headed for the standing area. I took place on Franks side, in the middle. Not at the front, nor at the back. It was two hours left before My Chemical Romance would hit the stage and the fans would scream their throats out, singing their lyrics with Gerard. It was two hours before I go to see my Frank for the last time. During these two hours I wasn’t present. I was on another planet, thinking about my future, if I had a future. I thought about my life before I meet Frank and how worthless it was, I though about my life since I meet Frank and how that time had been the time of my life. I thought about our encounters, how much each one had changed me. I thought about what if he had died the first time I meet him, how different my life had been now. If it hadn’t been for him, I would still have been a murderous vampire. It was now that it hit me. He was apart of my life and I was apart of his life. But there was a feeling that scared me too.
” I have to kill everyone close to me”
He had no chance to survive with me around. I had to make the choice, I wish I would never have to make and the worst part was I had no idea what to do.

That is when it happened.
The lights went out.
The Fans starts to scream.
The band is ready.
But I’m not.

That’s when it happened.
Frank comes out on stage with his guitar.
He has a black shirt on and it says:
“I’m Not Afraid Anymore”

That’s when it happens
The choice is clear.
And he made it for me.

”Thank You, Frank Iero”
♠ ♠ ♠
here is another update :D:D
YAY
and I'm so sorry that I kept you guys waiting. I have been busy with school and I'm taking my driving lience to so there are so much stuff to do...
But here is an update and I hop you love it!
And i just want to say that the next one will be the end of this wonderful story.
I love each and everyone of you guys who read this!
Thank you so much! Without you and you feedback I wouldn't be ending this story!
I <3 You

xoxo
Linda