I'm Not Afraid Anymore

Hospital

Helenas POV:

”I can’t be that lucky, can I”

I followed the girl out of the bar, trying to hear something more, to make sure it really was her. She started to walk down the street, trying to find her car. I follow her.
The tears had already started to run down her face and she tries to stay calm, clearly it's very difficult for her. She said goodbye to the person on the phone and hung up.

”Just keep breathing Jamia. Frank is going to be fine. Stay calm and drive to the hospital. Everything is going to be fine.” I hear her think.

”Jackpot! Tonight’s my lucky night!”

She found her car and stopped. She leaned against it, taking deep breaths.
I could feel she wouldn’t last much longer before she broke down, so I decided to be nice for once. I walked up to her and put my hand on her shoulder.

“Are you okay? Have someone hurt you?” I asked her. She looked up and her eyes were puffy and red.

“No I’m fine; it’s my fiancee who is hurt. I’m on my way to the hospital” She answered in an unsteady voice.

“Oh I’m sorry. Do you want a ride? I think it’s not safe for you to drive by yourself?” I said trying to sound trust able. She didn’t have any clue that I was the reason he was at the hospital.

“Thank you.” That was the only thing she said. “Thank you”.

“Okay, my car is over there. Let’s go” I pointed on the other side of the street.

We got into my car and drove to the hospital. It was a 15 minutes drive so I had time to get to know her a bit. But that was very hard since she was traumatized and worried.

“What’s your name?” I already knew that, but she didn’t know that.

“Jamia Nestor. What’s yours?” she asked me.

“It’s Helena” she looked at me.

“Nice name” and then she smiled. She had the most beautiful smiles I had ever seen. She looked so friendly, no wonder Frank loves her.

“Thank you.” I said smiling back.

By now she was a little bit calmer than before and her voice was stronger. We stayed silent the rest of the time. I didn’t want to know anything more about Frank; it would only be harder to kill him.

I parked my car outside the hospital and got out to say goodbye to Jamia. I turned my head to her side. She wasn’t there; she was still in the car, staring at her hands. I walked over to her side, opened the door and got down to her level so I could face her. She had started to cry again.

“Jamia, we are at the hospital.”

No reaction.

“Jamia, we’re here!” I said in a higher voice.

That caught her attention. She looked up at me. Her eyes started to become red and puffy again.

“We’re here.” I said one more time in a lower voice.

“I know. I just…” She stammered, looking down again.

I sighed and understood what I had to do.

“Do you want me to come with you?” I asked in a friendly voice.

“Yes”

“Okay, but you have to get out of the car!” I said laughing. She smiled at me and got out of the car.

We walked in to the Emergency Room and Jamia sat down and I walked over to the desk. Behind the desk was a young nurse. Maybe late twenties early thirties, something like that, she looked really friendly.

“Hi, I’m looking for her fiancee…” I said pointing at Jamia.

“He arrived here not so long ago.”

“What’s his full name?” the nurse asked me.

“Erm…. “ I turned to Jamia. I didn’t know his full name.

“…Jamia what’s Frank full name?” she stood up and walked up beside me.

“It’s Frank Anthony Iero Jr.”

”That’s very nice name. He sounds rich.”

The nurse typed in his name in the computer and searched for his name.

“Okay, he is in room 213, it’s on the second floor, I will get someone to show you where it is” she said smiling.

“Thank you so much” Jamia said to the nurse.

The nurse called the second floor and told us someone will be down in just a minute. Now it was time for me to leave.

“Well I have to go. Take care and wish Frank my best” I smiled at her. She smiled back and hugged me.

“Thank you so much for all your help! I will never forget this” She whispered in my ear. She let go of me and in that exact moment the second floor nurse arrived.

“Are you family to Frank Iero?” She asked me and Jamia.

“Yeah I’m his fiancee” The nurse turned to me.

“Oh I just helped her to the hospital. I’m not family”

“Okay, we have to go now because he’s on his way to surgery.” The nurse said taking Jamias hand.

“Thank you so much again. I hope I’ll see you again. Bye Helena”

“Bye Jamia.” ”For your sake, I hope we don’t”

They walked away and I walked out of the emergency room and started to walk to my car.
But when I walked out of there I got a strange feeling. I had only felt that feeling once in my life. It was when I was going out with my first boyfriend. It was after our second date and I watched him drive away after driving me home. I couldn't wait to see him again. I wanted him with me all the time. I couldn’t bare being alone. I wanted him.
I can describe the feeling better; I hope you understand what I mean.
I wanted to see Frank, even though I knew he was going to be fine. I have already broken my golden rule once, why not do it again.

”One peak wont hurt anyone.” I thought to myself. I turned around and walked into the hospital again. I picked up Jamias scent and followed it up to his room, 213.

When I got up to the second floor, Jamia was standing outside of Frank’s room. She was talking to an older women and man. I guess they are his parents. They look so worried. His mother were crying and his dad were comforting her. A doctor came out of Frank’s room. Franks mother asks the doctor if Frank is going to be okay. The doctor answer that they don’t know until the surgery, but his wound looks fine and the bullet didn’t hit any organs at all. He also said that the shooter must be interested in medicine, because no one “normal” knows that there is one place on the whole human body you can shoot without causing any major damage, and that is were Frank was shoot. The shooter didn’t want him dead, he wanted him to suffer. The doctor obviously thought I was a guy not a girl.
His dad asked the doctor if they could talk to him before he went up to surgery. “Of course” he said, so they went inside and the doctor walked away, leaving the door unwatched. I walked to the door and looked in.
Frank was lying on a bed, which looked really uncomfortable. He was really pale and he was sweating and he was in pain. He didn’t want painkillers. ”Stupid Frank” I thought to myself. Even when he was deathly pale, he was the most beautiful thing I have ever seen.

“Can you guys go out for a sec, I need to talk to Jamia” Frank said. Everyone walked to the door and I walked fast (vampire fast) to hide from them. His mom and dad were going to find some coffee. They left and I walked to the door again. I looked through the window and listen to the conversation. By now Jamia had started to cry again. She sat on the edge of his bed and held his hands in hers.

“Aww baby, don’t cry! I’m going to be alright. I’m not wounded that much…” Frank said trying to calm Jamia.

“Not wounded that much!! Frank you’ve been shot for god sake!”

“But the bullet missed all my organs so I’m fine!” Jamia looked at him with a face that said, “really your fine?”

“Okay, maybe not fine. But I’ll manage.” Frank said again. Jamia sighed and looked down at Franks hands.

“How’s Gee?” Frank asked Jamia after a minute.

“He’ll live. His hands are the worst but it looks really good for him. His ribs will be sore for a month or two but he will live.”

“That’s good” Frank let go of Jamias hands and rested his head against his pillow. He closed his eyes and concentrated on his pain and nothing else. He is not trying to block away the pain, he wants more of it. I’m now confused. ”Why would he want that?”

”Your pain for my pleasure” Runs through his thoughts. Those were my last words to him before I left the café. Suddenly his eyes shoot up and he looks at Jamia.

“Did you drive here by yourself?” he asks her.

”Wow, he smart to”

“No, I got a ride from a very nice girl. Why?”

“What was her name?” He asks her again, his voice sounds terrified.

“Her name was Helena. Why? What’s wrong?” Jamia says, obviously worried. By now Franks heartbeat was racing and he had trouble breathing. Jamia panicked, she pressed the alarm button and I hear doctors and nurses running towards Frank’s room. I change my position and stand in front of the third door from Frank’s room. The doctors and nurses run into his room and starts to examining him.

“We can’t wait much longer Ms. Iero, he has to go to the OR now!” the doctor says. They gave him some tranquillizer and he was unconscious almost immediately. They put him on a surgery stretcher and rolled him out of his room. The nurse stopped Jamia and showed her were the waiting hall was. I followed and sat down far away from Jamia, so she couldn’t see me.

The surgery took an hour. It was the most boring hour of my life. I watched Jamia, Franks parents and his friends waiting. They just sat there, quiet. After an hour the doctor came and said that Frank didn’t have any internal damage and he was going to be fine. ”Say something I didn’t know!” I though.
They were shown to Franks new room. I followed of course and waited until everyone had talked to him. Jamia was going home to change and then she would come back and stay the night, well at least what was left of it. His mom and dad went home and his friends went to Gerard. I was surprised to see Mikey there. I thought I had scared him to death. Anyway, they left and now Frank was all alone.
”Finally”
I walked to his door and stopped outside for a moment. I looked around and then I opened the door. Frank had his eyes closed and he didn’t hear me come in. I walked quietly to his bed, stopping beside it to look at him. I couldn’t take my eyes of off him. He was just simply perfect.
”Thank god I drank before I got here”
I stood still for a moment, thinking of how I should wake him. I smirked at the idea I came up with.
I grabbed on to the side of his bed and lifted myself up so I was on top of him. I wasn’t lying on him, I was floating over him. I put each leg on one side of his perfect body so I straddled him, and with one fast movement I put one hand over his mouth and one hand on the bed so I didn’t crushed him when I sat down on him.
His eyes shoot open and they looked me right in the eyes, immediately fear filled them. I bent down to his ear and whispered.

“Hello Frank, did you miss me?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay!!! here it is! chapter 6. I hope you enjoy it. I'm sorry for taking so long to update, but i didn't have time enough to update :D
and the one "spot" thing. it's not true! I only made that up!
comment and subscribe

xoxo
Linda