The Song Of The Phoenix...

Chapter V

He skimmed through some lines until he read: “He said it wouldn’t hurt. He said it’ll all be just a dream. A long dream… And…the way Alex reacted at the Hospital… I’ve never seen him crying, or speaking like that before, especially to his father. He did so much for me so I guess it’s time to repay the favour.
PS: Alex, if you read this…I hope your dad would’ve been changed by the time he’d wake up. I love you, will most certainly miss you and… don’t forget to reserve a star for me as well! Take care of you!”.
As he was reading these few lines, Alex's heart began filling with an empty space.
His dearest friend, that one person that was with him through so many experiences, for so many years, was now in an unknown and unreachable place to him.
As soon as he wanted to close the diary, he saw a scribble saying “Dream!”.
Alex was a little bit confused at what she intended with that message, so he just closed the diary, put it besides his pillow and went to sleep.
As soon as he fell asleep, he started dreaming.
Once again, the woman dressed in white appeared in his dream, but much more vividly this time.
She was trying to tell him something… “Alex. Alex! Let me in.”
In the dream, both Alex and the woman appeared in a night environment, somewhere among some ruins.
Alex looked around, looked at the woman and said “This feels so real, but this place… Is this real?”, to which the woman replied “Alex, this is just a dream, but that’s the only way we can communicate.”.
Alex frowned, stared at her for a few seconds and said “Communicate? About what? Who are you?”.
In a whispery voice, the woman replied “Quietly. Come with me.” as she took Alex into a forest.
“We can talk here.”, she said on a normal tone, to which Alex replied “Wait. Who are you?”.
The woman, with a light skin tone, blue sparkling eyes, said softly “I am a friend of Claudia.”.
As soon as he heard Claudia’s name, he looked in her eyes and quickly replied “Claudia? Where is she?”, to which the woman said “She’s ok, but she needs your help.”.
Alex, amazed, said “Help? Is she in trouble? And who are you?”, to which the woman looked into Alex’s brown eyes and said “My name is Angela.”.
Alex smiled and said “Nice to meet you. I’m Alex. Do you know where I can find Claudia? Please!”, to which the woman replied “I know who you are. Claudia told me about you. She’s not available, at the moment, but you can fix that, with your bracelet!”.
Alex looked at his bracelet, touched it, and said “My bracelet? What about it?”, to which Angela replied “The bracelets aren’t just for design. The crosses are blessed with holy water. In the following days, that will be your only way to communicate with her… and me!”.
Alex looked at the stars, while touching his bracelet, and said “In the following days? What do you mean?”, to which Angela replied “Do you want to bring back Claudia?”, to which Alex replied with a smile on his face “Of course I do. But, if this is only a dream how can I help her?”.
Angela looked at Alex, smiled then pointed to the sky and said “Humans can reach our world only through dreams as their “sense of reality” blocks them from reaching it while they are awake.”.
Alex looked at her curious, blinked, while Angela said “What you and Claudia share is something most humans have forgotten. I guess Zeus got his wish.”…