Status: Still Processing...

Goodbye Won't Do

Endure My Depression

Today is harder than yesterday, Kayla thought in her head while her head was drenched in between her studies during Lunch. Kayla wasn't hungry. Actually Kayla couldn't eat in general. She stopped eating. All her body can take is one meal a day and it's not a full meal because when she tries to stuff herself she ends up feeling nauseated and throwing up when she reaches the nearest bathroom so she carries along a bottle of Milk Tea with her.
Kayla felt as if there stood a line in between everybody she hung out with. No one talked about it and no one mentioned Craven when she was around or no one mention Kayla when Craven was around; they especially didn't bring up Jane Song. When the whole group is together and intact everyone will talk normally, but would never start off a conversation with Kayla unless she wanted too.
Sitting on the bottom staircase besides the area where they hang out Kayla had her Calculus textbook open right in front of her staring into the pages. She didn't even know herself is she is staring or not, she couldn't see a thing. She didn't see nothing on the textbook and she heard no close sounds of nature or movement, all she did was feel. Her heart stayed numb and cold, when it's far from cold. Her fingertips started shaking and she did everything to control their movement. She sighed harshly not knowing what came to her senses. Kayla knew what was happening, she knew her heart's broken and she can't control the conclusion on what's to come. She doesn't know what to do. She's lost and hopeless.

Craven leaned his weight onto the round table behind him. Everyone gathered around the table and created a conversation which flowed together so perfectly, but he didn't join them in their fun. Craven's eyes were glued to Kayla sitting on the stairs. Her eyes stuck to that page of a book so perfectly and so fitting he found it beautiful. But before he could find beautiness in his view he could tell she was struggling because she held onto the corners of that book with a unique grip. His smile turned into a frown. His best friend Devon stepped aside from the hype and saw Craven who needed the brotherly friend figure. Devon punched Craven lightly on the shoulder and stood beside him. "Are you okay?" Craven shoved his hands in his pocket and adjusted himself, "Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" Craven huffed a laugh. Craven looked at Kayla once again only to look at the floor again. "It's about her, isn't it?" Devon already knew the answer, it wasn't rocket science to anyone in this godforksaken school. Craven is in love with Kayla, no one knows why he did what he did, but everyone know that he's in love with Kayla... except for her.

A couple tears slipped down Kayla's face and right before she knew it, it ruined her assignment. Wiping her face with the sleeve of her jacket carefully so no one will notice she felt a palm go on top of her head patting it for reassurance. She looked up only to see the person she wanted so badly, but it burns like alcohol pouring on a wound. Craven has eyes of an Angel, he looked at her with so much worry and protection she wanted to cry some more, but she held it inside. "Are you okay?" Craven asked nervously. Kayla quickly sucked everything in and pretended she's fine, at least for a few minutes. "I'm okay. I'm just finishing up my homework." Craven looked over her shoulder, "It looks like you're finished." Kayla shut her book quickly. "Oh, I was just looking over my answers." Kayla got up with the book clutched tightly to her chest, looking up at Craven. "Did you want anything?"
"No. I just came over to talk to you." Craven modestly admitted.
"Oh..." Kayla didn't know what to tell him. "That's nice," she whispered staring at the ground. Craven couldn't take the atmosphere anymore, he couldn't take the huge elephant in the room. He took a step towards her and grabbed her wrist. She gasped and stepped back, but Craven refused. "Wait..." Craven spoke in need. She became to fragile, to broken. He blames himself. "I want to take you somewhere tonight. Can you follow me? If you want... It's your choice." Craven let go of her wrist.
"Will she get mad?" Kayla whispered out her question.
"I don't care what she thinks. It's my life and my choice. If I want to spend my time with you, I can. Only if you want to." Craven admitted a bit to loudly.
"I'll think about it..." Kayla answered and fled off.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this is a crappy chapter. Please leave comments. Criticism is welcomed.