Earthquake

Emerson

She had an earthquake on her mind.

I had an earthquake on my mind. I still do. It trembles and shakes. It's falling apart. The fortress of my mind is eroding. I can feel it crumbling.

Do you know what it's like to be beautiful? I do. I'm not being narcissistic. I just know that I'm beautiful. It's something that I've been told since I was four and I hate it. I hate my thick dark hair. The hair that he, Frank Iero, won't let me chop off. I hate my ivory skin that he caresses every morning. I hate my smooth pink lips that he kisses every night.

Frank put his hand over mine. The warmth of his hand against my cold, almost lifeless skin made me tense.

"Emerson?" he asked as he felt me pull away.

His words twisted with concern. I looked at him. My grey eyes were empty. Void of emotions. Void of life. They always were. He lifted his hand and placed it against my jawline. I closed my eyes as the warmth started to flood through my body.

My eyes fluttered open, "Why do you love me?" I asked slowly.

"Do you remember when we were kids?" he said smiling, "You were so happy and joyful. You were so alive. That was when I fell in love with you."

Tears tore at my eyes. I turned away and wrapped myself into a ball. Frank moved over to sit beside me again.

"I know that you've changed, but I still love you. I'm waiting for you to come back. I'm waiting for you to be alive again. I'll wait forever if I have to."

I turned to face him, "I'm not coming back."

"Of course you are," he said right before his lips collided with mine.

I am all yours so please be all mine.
♠ ♠ ♠
feedback?