Earthquake

Frank

Believing in what you say, makes me lie awake at night

I don't love you. That was the sentence that changed my life. The lie that changed my life.

I had spent weeks torturing myself. Blaming myself for what happened. I had spent weeks in agony. I couldn't sleep. I couldn't eat. I could barely breath. All because I thought she didn't love me.

But she lied.

I suppose that I should be happy she loves me. I am. I just can't believe that she had lied to me.

I'm back. So is Emerson. It was Ray's idea for her to come back.

I head for my room. Our room. She followed me, struggling to carry her suitcase up the stairs. I didn't help her.

I lay down on our bed as she put her things away.

She looked so small and fragile; it was hard to imagine her capable lying. But she was.

She stared at me for a moment before she lay down next to me on our bed. Silence filled the room and her eyes were glued to me.

Her eyes were so full of desperation. I almost reached out and pulled her into me. I almost told her I forgive her.

But I didn't. I couldn't.

I couldn't believe she had lied. I couldn't understand why she had lied.

I started to wonder if she had lied to me before. Had our whole relationship been filled with lies?

The truth is not what scares me, it's why you have to lie
♠ ♠ ♠
comments?