Earthquake

Frank

How can a fistfight be romantic?

I was so angry. All the words just came spilling out. They were ripping her apart, I could see that. I didn't stop them.

"All of this is your fault!"

The words were hurting her. But I think that's what I was trying to do. I was trying to hurt her, like how she hurt me.

"You did this to me! You hurt me!"

I saw her face tense up. I knew she would fight back soon.

"You're pathetic! Pathetic and worthless! All you can do is hurt people!"

I was taunting her. I wanted her to fight back.

"Shut up Frank!"

She stood up so that her face was level with mine.

"I almost died because of the pain you caused me Emerson!" I shouted ignoring her.

That made her even angrier.

"You're the one that's pathetic! I can't take back what's already happened, Frank, and if you can't forgive me for it, maybe you should have died!"

SMACK

I slapped her. Across the face.

I looked down at my hand and then at her. I could see the redness spreading over her cheek. I could see the terror in her eyes.

I was speechless.

I wanted to tell her that I was sorry. That I didn't mean to do it. But I couldn't. My throat felt like it was glued together.

She slowly put her fingers to her cheek, feeling the place where I knew a bruise would form. She stared at me, her eyes wide. Finally, she turned and ran from the room.

I wanted to run after her. But I didn't.

I sank to the floor and cried.

I take it back, I take it all back now
♠ ♠ ♠
comments?