Lyrical Lies

Do You Love Me to Death?

I was laying down, everything was dark. I couldn't hear anything, but I could hear a strange sound. It sounded like something was falling above me.

Rain?

No. It didn't sound wet.

I reached my arms out to try and pull myself up, so that I could find out what that noise was. My hands touched something hard.

A wall?

Confused, I felts around me. More walls. I was surrounded. Then it clicked.

A coffin.

And that sound?

Dirt.

I panicked. I couldn't breathe. It felt like there was no more air left. With what felt like my last breath, I screamed.

And I woke up.

Frank was at my side.

"Violet?"

I was sweating and my breathing was heavy. I desperately tried to slow it down. In....out....in....out...

Frank's arms wrapped around me. His colors were so soothing. I think they were what finally calmed me down. That and his voice.

"Lay your head down just for now, 
space fills your mind and you dream awhile."


His voice was so beautiful, especially when he sang. The apples twisted themselves into the words making them green and perfect.

"The sun floods your room as you drown,  
your lungs full of breathing, your true love, 
believe."


He pulled me into his chest and twisted his fingers through my hair.

"One more time to say, I love you always, 
and keeping faith, letting love find a way. 
One more time to say, I love you always, 
and keeping faith, letting love find a way."


My breathing had slowed down and I could hear his heart beating.

"I love you to death. Could you love me to death?" 
♠ ♠ ♠
comments?