Lyrical Lies

The Way You Smile Strikes the Heavens Above Me

Frank.

His name is a beautiful apple green and thats exactly what his voice tastes like. It's crisp and juicy, sweet and sour; it's beautiful. His laughter sounds like bells that pull at my heart and his smile sends tingles down my spine when he looks at me. He's contagious; his laugh makes me laugh, his smile makes me smile.

I've been here for a week and everything's perfect. I miss my old life but I love my new one and my new friends.

Ray is an orangey red and everything about him smells like popcorn. His name, his voice, his smile, even his touch, they all smell like popcorn.

Bob is yellow, like Donna. He's careful and considerate and his smile tastes like apricots. His voice and laughter both sound like raindrops.

I was sitting on my floor painting and thinking about wind chimes when a voice called to me from outside.

"Violet!"

The chocolaty taste and texture told me it was Gerard.

I went over to the open window in my room and stuck my head out.

"Yes?" I asked.

"Come outside and come swimming!"

"Umm...you do know that it's November right?"

"So?"

"Fine but Im not going swimming," I replied.

There was no answer.

Abandoning my paints, I skipped downstairs and headed to the backyard.

The second I stepped outside I was attacked. Gerard and Ray picked me up and tossed me into the pool. The freezing water enveloped me and tore at my lungs. I sputtered trying to breath again.

"Gerard! I said I didnt want to go swimming!" I shouted pretending to be hurt.

"Sorry I... forgot."

I glared at him

"Fine. Do you want to play monopoly?" he asked.

"I do!" squealed an appley voice.

I laughed. "Okay. Lets play monopoly," I said, getting out of the pool.

The guys all ran inside to set it up as I headed upstairs to dry off and change.

***

"HA! I own Boardwalkand I have a hotel on it!" I shrieked, delighted when Frank landed there.

Frank groaned, "But that's, like, all my money."

"Yay! Now you'll be bankrupt too!" said Gerard happily, "We can be bankrupt together."
Frank looked down at his hands, pouting.

"Aww poor Frankie. Does somebody need a hug?" asked Gerard

Frank nodded causing Gerard to pull him into a tight hug.

I gasped, "What about me?" I asked pretending to cry. "I thought you loved me...but now I find out you love Frank more than me. How could you?"

Gerard and Frank both laughed and jumped towards me, trying to hug me.

"Ow," I said when I fell off the chair, "You guys are squishing me."

"It's only because we love you!"

I couldn't help but smile at the taste of apples that his words gave me.
♠ ♠ ♠
feedback?