Lyrical Lies

Smother Me

When I couldn't take the silence anymore, I faced him.

"Frank." My voice sounded shy and timid.

He turned to me, surprised, as if he had just woken up from a trance. I stared at him and he stared back at me. His expression was confused.

"What's wrong?"

"What do you mean?" I asked in response.

"You seem anxious."

His knees bumped into mine as he scooted his body closer to me. When we were as close as he could get us, he rested his head against my shoulder.

"You don't hate me?" I asked hopefully.

He sighed.

"Is that why you were worried?"

He lifted his head and brought his hand up to my face, carefully stroking my cheek.

"How could I hate you, Violet? You are so perfect."

I shook my head.

"No I'm not. I'm a freak."

He rolled his eyes, but didn't reply. Instead he let his fingers travel across my face, tracing the lines of my features.

His hands continued exploring my face, until they were twisted into my hair.

"I love you."

He whispered those words right before he let his lips softly crash into mine.

Electricity shot through my body as his top lip gently tugged on my bottom one. I closed my eyes.

I could taste the apples. I could smell them. Feel them. Hear them. They took over my senses. They were moist and sweet. Soft and crisp. They were perfect.

So, I kissed him back.

He pulled away as I responded. I opened my eyes to look at him. His face was frozen. His eyes closed, his lips slightly parted.

Slowly, he opened his eyes and smiled.

His arms reached around me as he pulled my body into his lap. He brushed a strand of hair out of my face and crashed his lips into mine once again.
♠ ♠ ♠
comment?