Lyrical Lies

Tell Me I'm an Angel

It was one in the afternoon and I sat at the kitchen counter doodling on a scrap piece of paper. I was so absorbed in my work that I didn't notice when somebody poked me.

"Violet. Come."

It was Frank.

"Where?" I asked him.

"It's a surprise. Just come."

I shrugged my shoulders and stood up. I followed him through the door and outside to his car.

***

Frank pulled into an empty parking lot and hopped out.

"Come on Violet!"

He grabbed my hand and ran down a set of old stairs covered in graffiti. He stopped so suddenly that I almost ran into him.

"We're here," he said to me, his eyes twinkling.

It was the beach.

The ocean glistened in the afternoon sun and the waves gently fell against the sand.

Not a single person walked along the water's edge. No children played near the shore. No couples walked hand in hand.

We were the only ones there.

"Why are we here, Frank?" I whispered, still in awe.

"We're on a date," he smirked.

"A date?" I groaned. "Why didn't you tell me before, so I could make myself all pretty?"

I pointed down at my old jeans and scruffy converse to prove my point.

"Violet. You're always pretty. You're an angel."

"Thanks Frankie," I said with a smile.

He wrapped his arms around my body causing my heart to thud violently against my ribcage. He pulled away and smiled.

"I love you, Angel," he whispered as he slowly pressed his lips to mine.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry. I kinda tricked you guys and made you think that Lily was going to be in this chapter.....
Don't worry, she'll be there soon!!!
Comment!!!.......or I will throw potatoes at you!!!
.......last time I said that, I got like 10 comments................so now I'm expecting 15........