Lyrical Lies

When I Grow Up I Want to be Nothing at All

"BOO!" said someone covering my eyes with their hands. "Guess who?"

"Berti-kins!" I shouted at once recognizing his banana voice.

It was Bert McCracken. He is always over visiting the guys. I like him, his yellowy green colors and banana voice are always so carefree. He can always make me laugh.

"Vi-o-let!" he replied in a singsong voice. "How did you know it was me?"

"I dunno...your voice I guess."

"Oh. Guess who I brought? I brought Amy and Lily!" said Bert without waiting for my guess.

Amy is Quinn Allman's sister. Since I've moved here she has become like my sister. I love her to death; she is so graceful, beautiful, and calm.

Lily is Amy's two year old daughter. She always reminds me of oranges.

"Vi! Vi! Vi!" squealed the little blonde two-year old running into the room, her mother following her with a stack of papers.

"Hello Lily-Bily."

Slowing down to a walk she came towards the dining room table I was sitting at with Mikey. She took an envelope from the pile in Amy's hands and handed it to me.

"Vi-o-let, pease come to my birdday party," Lily said politely before turning to Mikey and handing him an identical envelope.

"Mickey, pease come to my birdday party."

"Do you know how old you will be turning Lily?" I asked.

"Yep, she said proudly. I'll be tree!"

"Well I guess we better come then," said Mikey as I nodded.

"Yay!" said Lily happily as she skipped of to find the rest of the guys.

I walked into the living room as she was handing out the rest of her invitations.

Ray tore open his envelope, "A tea party! Yes!"

Amy walked up behind me.

"Violet I have to go to work now. I'll be back at six."

Babysitting Lily was something we did almost every weekend. I knew how hard it must've been to be a single parent. My mom after all, practically raise Heather and I single handily.

"Bye mommy!" said Lily running to give her a hug.

"So what do you want to do today Lily?" Bob asked.

Bert gasped, "Let's go to the mall and get stuff for the party!"

***

"Vi-o-let."

It was Frank; I turned to face him.

"Yes Frankie?"

"Come with me and help me pick out a present for Lily."

"I wanna come," said Lily from Bob's shoulders.

"You can't go Lily, otherwise you'll see your present and then it won't be a surprise," said Ray laughing.
♠ ♠ ♠
feedback?