Lyrical Lies

I Am All Yours So Please be All Mine

Frank grabbed my hand and pulled me away from the others, heading in the direction of a toy store.

As soon as he walked in his eyes lit up and his colors sparkled.

"How about this?" He asked picking up a doll, "or this?...Oh! What about this?"

"Frank-"

"Do you think she'd like this?" He asked showing me a tea set.

"She has one," I answered quickly before he could cut me off.

"Oh," he sounded disappointed.

"Excuse me can I help you?" asked a salesperson politely; she seemed afraid that Frank was going to take all the toys off the shelves before he made up his mind.

"Yes you can," stated Frank. "We are looking for a birthday present for a three year old. Well, she's two right now but she'll be turning three."

"Aww...is she your daughter?" she asked.

Frank turned to me and grinned.

"Yeah. She's our little sweetie," he said as he wrapped his arm around my waist.

I wanted to tell him to stop but his colors were so bright and happy that I couldn't do it.

***

I sat on my floor wrapping up an ballerina doll for Lily. I liked being by myself, it was easier for me to think without all the colors and tastes of the guys distracting me.

Yet somehow, I still felt alone. I missed Frank and how the warmth of him just being in the same room as me filled me with longing.

I turned. The sound of footsteps echoed up the stairs. I knew it was Frank. His footsteps sent green colors splashing across my vision.

I smiled as he turned my doorknob.

"Violet?" he slurred. He was drunk. My smile faded.

"Yes Frank?" I asked looking away; I didn't want to see him like this.

He sat down next to me and started to play with my hair. I could smell the alcohol on his breath, it made me nauseous.

"You know I love you right?" he asked.

He wrapped his arms around me and tried to look me in the eyes. I looked away. I couldn't look at him.

My perfect Frank had vanished and had been replace by this stranger. His colors were distorted and his appley voice had turned to mush. I wanted Frank to love me, but not like this. Not when he didn't mean it.

"Your my favourite flower Violet," Frank giggled.

He traced over my face with his fingers. I tried to pull away but it was too late.

Frank pulled my face into his; crashing our lips together. It was all wrong, our first kiss wasn't suppose to be like this. It was too forceful and crushing. It hurt.

I pushed him away, "Frank!"

He looked at me and his smile fell as he came crashing back to reality. As he realized what he had done.

I couldn't stand to be with him any longer.

I ran down the stairs, past a confused looking Mikey, to the front door. I slipped on a pair of shoes and stepped outside into the rain. I was drenched in seconds but it didn't matter, it stopped people from seeing the tears.
♠ ♠ ♠
feedback?