Lyrical Lies

This Poison's My Intoxication

Frank has changed.

He's still my Frank, sweet and sour, crunchy and juicy. He's still perfect. It seems like he treats me differently; he's more gentle and cautious. He's careful with what he says and how he acts around me. It's nice to know he cares. It's nice to know he loves me.

I was sitting on the couch, sketching Ray, when someone walked in.

"Bert!" I shouted jumping up to hug him.

"Hey Violet. I assume you're okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. Thanks," I said smiling.

"No problem," replied Bert.

"Ray, don't move!"

He groaned and sat back down. I sat back across from him and finished my sketch.

"Here, you want to help me blow up balloons?" Bert asked, handing me a red balloon.

"Why?" I asked confused.

"For Lily's party. We have to set up; she'll be here in an hour."

"What? We're having it here?" I gasped.

Bert looked at me confused and nodded his head.

***

We sat in the living room for hours, watching every princess movie that Lily owned. Lily sat on my lap with Frank on one side of me and Gerard on the other.

"Fankie. Can I have my crown back pease?" asked Lily.

"Nope," replied Frank placing his hand over the crown on his head.

"But Fankie, you're not a pwincess," Lily pointed out.

"No, but Violet is."

Frank smiled and placed the crown on my head. He pulled me into a hug.

"She's my princess," he told Lily.

My heart fluttered. I could feel his colors on my skin. I could taste the apples in his voice. It was too much.

"Frank, please.." I tried to pull away.

He let go and looked away from me. Gerard put his hand protectively over mine. Lily, sensing that something was wrong, crawled out of my lap and into Frank's, taking the crown with her.

"Here Fankie, you can be the pwincess," she said as she placed the crown on Frank's head.

Frank smiled.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long to update. I had writer's block.
Comments? Pretty pretty please with skittles on top?