Lyrical Lies

Love's Such an Old Fashioned Word

I lay in my room with my lights off. I was exhausted from Lily's party. Being around too many people gives me headaches. There are just too many colors, tastes, and smells. It's too hard to focus.

I tried to sleep, but I couldn't. It was Frank's fault. His stupid taste had to linger in my mouth causing butterflies to erupt in my stomach.

Suddenly, I felt something push into my side. It was someone poking me.

"Ow!" I squealed.

"Oh good. You're awake." It was Bert.

"Bert, it's one in the morning."

"So?" he asked sitting cross legged on my bed.

"Go home Bert. Everybody else went home," I said turning away from him and laying down again.

"No! Gerard, Mikey, Ray, Bob, and Frank are still here!" Bert pouted crossing his arms over his chest.

I sat up and threw my pillow at him.

"That's because they live here, stupid!"

"Oh yeah, I forgot." He picked up my pillow and grinned. "Pillow fight!"

"Bert!" I shouted as he tried to smother me with the pillow.

"Isn't this what you're suppose to do at a sleepover? Have pillow fights in your underwear and talk about all your juicy secrets?" asked Bert putting the pillow down and letting me breath.

"No it's not, and who said anything about a sleepover?" I asked.

Bert laughed, "I did. I have decided that I will be sleeping here tonight."

I rolled my eyes.

"Okay Bert. Go to sleep."

"But Violet! We haven't talked about all our juicy secrets yet!" he said pouncing on me.

"Fine, but you have to get off of me first," I told him.

"Okie dokie artichokie."

Bert sat down beside me. he pulled all my blankets off of me and wrapped himself up in them.

"So, what's your secret?" he asked.

"What do you want to know?"

"Umm....what's your favorite color?"

"That's not a secret," I said laughing.

"Oh yeah. Um. Oh I know! Do you love Frank?" He smirked at me.

"Maybe."

"Violet! That's not fair, you have to answer truthfully!" He said whacking me with the pillow again.

"Fine. Yes. Are you happy now?"

"Yep."

"Okay. What's your secret?" I asked.

"That I think," he paused dramatically, "that you and Frankie would be the cutest couple."

"That's a terrible secret."

"Yeah, but it's the truth," said Bert grinning.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments??