Status: Momentarily On Hold

50 Myths That Could Ruin Your Life

As far as kisses go...

I began looking forward to work. Every day, I was a little early, hoping to get more time with Alec. I was beginning to think I was in for more than I had bargained, but I pushed that thought away every time I’d see him. However, things were pretty uneventful for a while, and I began to think that our “relationship” had died.

Until the day before Thanksgiving came. Mr. Walker, and many of the senior workers, wanted to take off. So I was left in charge, along with Alec and two other workers. Those two stayed up front while Alec and I went around the store, goofing off.

“I’m gonna get you!” he yelled, and began chasing me around. I slid around a corner and knocked some boxes off the shelves.

“Oops,” I said breathlessly. I bent down to pick them up and Alec helped me. I crept off and got one of those pool tubes. When Alec stood up, I hit him lightly on the head. “Ha ha!” I yelled, and ran off. Alec began chasing me again. We ran all over the place.

I managed to escape into an aisle. I stood there, near the dog food, and bent over, breathing hard, when I heard a, “Found you!” Something barreled into me, and we went flying. I landed on the floor, Alec on top of me. “Oops.” We stared at each other for what seemed like forever, until I finally couldn’t take it anymore. Before I knew what I was doing, I kissed him. He didn’t react for a moment, but after a second his lips moved in sync with mine. I pulled away first.

“Oops,” I said.

Myth #21: Accidental kisses never happen.

Oh, they do. I didn’t mean for that to happen, even though I wanted it to.

Not that Alec seemed to be complaining.

At least things were back on track.

~

“Oh, Carla, this looks so cute!” My mother gushed.

Myth #22: Shopping with your mother is fun.

“Yeah, mom, whatever. Let’s go.” I stood in Macy’s with my mom as she browsed through clothes. “Look, that looks good!” I pointed at a blue shirt with sequins. I grabbed it and checked the tag. “Hey, it’s cheap and in your size! Let’s go.”

My mom rolled her eyes. “Carla, I didn’t bring you here to shop for me.”

“Abducted,” I corrected her. “You didn’t bring me here.”

She shot me a glare that reminded me where I got my scary glares from.

I sighed. “Alright, fine. But if we’re here for me, why are we in the woman’s section?”

She blinked. “Well, I was just looking.”

I rolled my eyes and set off for the junior’s section. My mother pointed out the most childish-looking clothes. I mean, don’t get me wrong, she had good fashion taste, but it was like she thought I was still fourteen.

“Hm… we need something a little dressy.”

“Why?” I asked.

“For… oh. You’ll see.” She grinned.

I knew that smile. And I knew that something bad would happen very, very soon.
♠ ♠ ♠
Filler chapter.
Yes, I made Alec seem like a stalker for a reason. You'll find out later. :P

Thank you
ElyRae Oh, I know. >:D
mufasa :)
Don't be a silent reader. :] But I know many of you were out Black Friday shopping. Unlike me. xDD

--Kat :D