Status: Momentarily On Hold

50 Myths That Could Ruin Your Life

Surprise!

“Mom,” I complained, “I don’t even see why I have to wear this!” I fidgeted in the black dress my mother bought me.

“Because, Carla, I told you.”

I rolled my eyes. “You tell me a lot of things. Doesn’t mean I have to listen.”

“Carla Mercedes, you shouldn’t speak to your mother like that!” Mom proceeded to go off in a rant purely in Spanish. I rolled my eyes and followed her downstairs. I grabbed my purse and she grabbed her keys. We got in the car, and before she started the engine, she took a cloth and tied it around my head as a blindfold.

“Ma!” I complained.

She shushed me and stared driving. I was very bored for the few minutes I was blindfolded. I felt the car come to a complete halt and she exited the car. I felt around the door for the handle and opened the door.

“Ow!” My mom exclaimed. The door must’ve hit her.

“Sorry,” I muttered.

She grabbed my arm and led me into a building. She took my blindfold off, and all I saw was darkness. Then…

“Surprise!” People jumped out of everywhere as the lights turned on. We were in a restaurant. My mom must have rented it.

“Oh, wow…” I looked around. “What’s this for?”

“Your birthday!” My mom exclaimed.

I turned to look at her. “My birthday was four months ago.”

“But you didn’t do anything!” she complained. “So I decided to invite some of your friends over.”

“Oh… well, thanks, I guess.”

My mom smiled and shoved me towards all of the people. I made my way around, thanking people for coming, when I bumped into Brian. “Hey, doll.” He smiled.

Oh jeez.

Myth #22: It's never as bad as it seems.

Oh, no. It was bad. And it got worse when I spotted Liz.

And then, the icing on the cake. Liz was talking to Alec.

How would my mother know Alec?

I walked over to mom. “Uh, mom, I don’t believe you know some of the people here.”

She shrugged. “I gave Miranda the list and told her to invite anyone else that wasn’t on it that you might want to be here.”

I turned back around to glance and Liz and Alec. They seemed very deep in conversation. I marched over to them, with not an idea of what to say. “Ahem.”

“Oh, hey, Carla.” Alec ginned. “Happy late birthday!” He gave me a hug, and before I knew what was happening, he kissed me on the lips. I could feel myself blushing. He pulled away, and I wondered if my mother had seen.

As if on cue, my mother appeared next to us. “Carla! You didn’t tell me that you’re seeing someone.”

“Sorry,” I mumbled.

“I mean, I thought you and Brian still had that thing but…” Mom winced. “Guess not.”

Myth #23: Whatever they do, your parents always have your best interest in mind.

Best interest, my ass. More like a mission to make Alec hate me.

“Ma, can I talk to you? Yes?” I grabbed her arm and pulled her away. “What are you doing?” I demanded.

She looked at me innocently. “I just thought that you and Brian looked better together.”

“Ma,” I warned.

Mom sighed. “Alright, look. I don’t like the look of him. He looks like he has something up his sleeve.”

I snorted in disbelief. “Wow, Mom.” I rolled my eyes. “Look, he doesn’t have an ulterior motive.”

If only I had listened to her. But hey, what kid actually listens to their parent?
♠ ♠ ♠
SORRY. IT'S BEEN SO EFFING LONG. ><
Both myths courtesy of Sehnsucht. <33

MERRY CHRISTMAS, GUYS. <33

I plan on having this done by mid-Feb. This is halfway through. :( But My Escapade will be going strong, and I'll be starting a new story. I'm keeping it under wraps for now (well, apart from Kristen), but I think it'll be kickass. :D

Chocolate cupcakes go to
mufasa :D
Sehnsucht. <3
nicholas joseph; (CHANGE IT BACK!) Kidding. x333 Yes, yes I did.
ElyRae mmmhmmm
charluxlie Thanks very much. :D
Eduardo Rock Thank you, thank you, and thank you :D
FOR COMMENTING. <3

Updating tomorrow most likely.
--Kat