Status: Momentarily On Hold

50 Myths That Could Ruin Your Life

Meet the Parent.

True to his word Alec rang my doorbell at five o’clock the following day.

“Hi,” I greeted him.

He smiled widely. “Hey.” He stepped up and hugged me.

I hugged him back tightly, then let go and stepped back to let him in. “Come in.” He stepped in, and I closed the door after him. I walked past him, leading him to the living room, growing more and more anxious with each step I took. My father was sitting on the couch, watching TV, and he rose to his feet once he saw Alec.

“Hello, Sir,” Alec said, shaking Dad’s hand. Though he hadn’t seemed nervous at the door, his nervousness was now apparent.

My father appraised the young man before him, looking him over with what could only be described as a death glare.

Alec fidgeted a little under his gaze.

I laughed, trying to break the tension. “Dad, stop. You’re making him nervous.”

“I was already nervous,” Alec murmured.

Dad raised an eyebrow. “And why’s that?”

“Because, Sir,” Alec said slowly, “I feel like I made a bad impression on Mrs. Johnson—”

“Ms. Noria,” I coughed. My mother had taken her maiden name back after the divorce.

“—Ms. Noria,” Alec corrected himself. “And well, Sir, I—” he hesitated. “I really, really like your daughter.”

I felt a blush paint my cheeks and looked at my father to gauge his reaction.

My dad had softened; I could see it in his eyes.

Myth #26: Fathers will be mean to every boyfriend that their daughter has.

“Well,” Dad said, “if it helps, when I first met my in-laws—” He fidgeted. “Ex-in-laws, they hated me.”

Alec blinked. “At least they grew to like you,” he offered.

My Dad nodded. “Exactly.”

--

“So, where to?” I asked.

Alec started the car and pulled out of my driveway. “It’s a surprise.”

I hate surprises. I think we’ve been over this.

I rolled my eyes.

Alec laughed. “What?”

“I hate surprises,” I muttered.

He pursed his lips. “Hm. Probably explains why you looked so miserable for a while there at your party.”

“Yeah. Probably,” I said sarcastically.

Alec laughed. “Ah, sarcasm. I love it.”

“Sarcasm is the body’s natural defense to stupid. That’s probably why I use sarcasm around you so much,” I teased.

Alec grimaced in mock pain. “Ouch. Touché.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Filler. Sorry babes. :/

nicholas joseph; dorkass
ElyRae You are very right. >:D
Up On Cloud9 Intense. Correct. >:D