Status: Momentarily On Hold

50 Myths That Could Ruin Your Life

Spaceships&Elephants

“So…” I said as I shut the car door.

“So?” Alec put his seat belt on.

“Where are we going?”

Alec put a mischievous smile on. “Not telling.”

I pouted. “Why not?”

“It’s a secret,” he whispered. He turned the engine on and backed out of the driveway.

“Well, why can’t I know? I won’t tell anyone.” I grinned.

“It’s a surprise for you.”

“What if I kiss you for it?” My flirtatious mood surprised me.

Alec pursed his lips as he made a right turn out of my neighborhood. “Alright.”

“Pinky promise?” I held out my pinky.

Myth #27: Pinky promises don’t mean a thing.

Hell no. Pinky promises are legit.

We got to the stop sign. Alec sighed and wound his pinky around mine. I leaned over and kissed him.

A car behind us honked for us to go.

I felt Alec smile against my lips. I laughed and pulled away.

Alec pulled forward, and whispered, “It’s a place where people feel like kids again.”

“Chuck-E-Cheese?” I guessed.

“Nope.” A smirk played about Alec’s lips.

“Uh… uh…” I ransacked my brain, but ended up with nothing.

“You’ll see soon enough.”

“But that’s not fair,” I whined in a high-pitched voice, making Alec laugh. I rolled my eyes. “Alright. Whatever.”

I plugged my iPod into Alec’s car, and enjoyed the rest of the ride as we sang along to the songs in off-pitch voices.

I was gloriously shouting along to The Killers when the music stopped. “Hey!” I yelled.

Alec pointed in front of us, and I saw the bright lights of something I hadn’t seen in a while—the fair.

Myth #28: Guys have no clue how to truly make a girl happy.

Maybe some guys, but this guy really knew how to impress.

I hadn’t been to the fair in a long time. I just didn’t have time whenever it came around. Looking at the rides as we neared the entrance, I felt old feelings of excitement bubble up within me and turned to Alec. “We have to go on the big rides.”

Alec grinned. “You got it.”

Alec paid for our wristbands, and we walked into the crowd of people. I breathed in the smell of the turkey legs, the greasy pizza and funnel cakes, and the sweet cotton candy.

Alec slipped his hand into mine.

I looked at him and smiled.

“Can’t have you getting lost, now, can we?” He smiled.

I smiled and nodded, and we walked towards the rides. We went on the first few rides we saw, which happened to include my favorites—The Zipper, this rickety ride that made your stomach your worst enemy, and Starship, the ride that spun around so fast that you were pressed up against the wall, while the music blared through the speakers in the middle of the ride and made your body thrum.

After the first few, we both agreed that food was very appealing. On the way, we saw those water gun booths where you win stuffed animals.

“I bet I could beat you,” I challenged.

“I bet that you’re wrong.”
We sat down, paid the guy, and got ready. When the guy said, “Go,” we pressed the button and aimed at the hole, trying to get the bar to hit the bell first.

I won, and danced around. “In your face,” I told Alec. I told the guy to give me the little purple elephant, and when he handed it to me, I gave it to Alec. He laughed and said, “Alright, but I feel bad, so I’ll find something to beat you at and give you a stuffed animal.”

“Bring it on.”

Myth #29: If it’s not cliché, then the relationship won’t last.

This is the twenty-first century. Men don’t have to do everything in relationships.

Besides, who cares about clichés? As long as you’re happy, then it’s all good.

And trust me, I was happy.
♠ ♠ ♠
D":
IT'S BEEN SO LONG. I KNOW. I'M SORRY.
I have Thursday and Friday off of school. So I'll update then.
<3
We're doing Chicago for the Spring Musical, so I'll be busy with that. :3

Do you guys like it when I respond to your comments in here? Today, I'll just list your names. Tell me which you like better, or if you really don't care.
I love overlypredictable
Up On Cloud 9
nicholas joseph;
Ely Rae
for commenting. <3

--Kat <3